Harry and David dip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Harry and David dip

Last post Sep 16, 2004 10:38 PM by Margielou_wa . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Harry and David dip
    Has anyone heard of this? I understand it is supposed to be a good dip.
    False
  • RE: Harry and David dip
    Harry and David make lots of different dips, many of them are very good. We use them alot around our house.

~Lori~
    False
    They have a lot of different versions, and typically the way they make their 'dip' is to mix a jar of their salsa, veggie mixes, or chutneys with a package of cream cheese. They have this on sample in their stores often.

Any certain kind you are looking for?
    False
    (A little more explanation.) My granddaughter asked me if I knew how it was made; she had eaten some with fruit bits in it and thought it was very good. I had not heard of it before, though I had heard the name Harry and David but could not remember just what products were involved with that name. Thanks for the replies.
    False
    There is a Harry and David outlet store about 5 miles from my house. Do you know the name of the dip?

Chefly
    False
    I mix half a jar of their pepper and onion relish with 8-oz. of cream cheese and it makes an awesome dip for tortilla chips. It always gets rave revies and I always keep a few jars on hand for entertaining.
    False
    Well, I knew I would get favorable response from my b.b. friends. :-)
    I really do not know exactly what the dip was called, my granddaughter said that the caterers who did a party for my daughter (her Mom) had made the dip, and even brought some to her later as a gift, but would not tell them how to make it (and that's understandable). She did not know how to describe it except it had pieces of fruit in it. Perhaps it was the chutney that Meritt mentioned mixed with cream cheese.
    Thanks for the input from all. You know how we grannies try to please the grandchildren - even the grownup ones.
    False
    The dip Dianae described is delicious. They often have samples of it available in their stores. I tried a sample a few years ago and was hooked. I also keep the pepper onion relish on hand all the time to make the dip.
    False