Our 10 most popular recipes for the month delivered right to your inbox!
Perfect for a busy weeknight, this easy main dish is baked in tomato sauce providing extra moistness and is fried before being baked, adding to the different texture and flavor of this favorite classic.
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken tenders
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1) In a bowl, lightly beat egg.
2) In another bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper with a whisk.
3) Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in bread crumb mixture.
4) In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Place as much chicken as possible in pan. Cook chicken over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side.
5) Repeat with remaining chicken and oil.
6) Spread tomato sauce in a greased 13 by 9 inch baking pan. Place chicken over sauce.
7) Bake; uncovered; at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
8) Sprinkle with cheese; cover and bake for 3 more minutes.
© Reiman Media Group, LLC., 2013