The Best Cheapest Streak Free Window Cleaner I Ever Used! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

The Best Cheapest Streak Free Window Cleaner I Ever Used!

Last post Dec 17, 2007 9:50 AM by bettynuggs . 14 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • The Best Cheapest Streak Free Window Cleaner I Ever Used!
    This was posted some time back and believe me, it works great.

Take a spray bottle (I bought mine at the Dollar Store)....Put around 3 Tbs. CORN STARCH in it & fill with water. Shake it up to blend. Just don't use so much Corn Starch that you can't spray it. After I sprayed it on my window, I wiped them with paper towels & then one of those Mycro Fyber rags (I bought those in the automotive department at Wall-Mart).It's the first time I'v ever washed my windows without seeing streaks & they shine beautifull. ~Sande~
    False
  • RE: The Best Cheapest Streak Free Window Cleaner I Ever Used!
    I just started using this. It's great on chandeliers, too. I mixed 1/2 cup cornstarch to a quart of water. Maybe, I could use less.
    False
    Great idea-They used this on the British show-"How clean is your house".
    False
    I think I heard this before but I thought...cornstarch? I will try it. Years ago, when we built our house I told DH I wanted lots of windows. I've been paying for it ever since! Looking for ANYTHING that will make window washing easier. I don't need to get a micro fiber cloth do I?
    False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket
    BlueDenim: I suggested the Mycro Fyber cloth because I personally think it adds to helping keep the streaking off. They are so absorbent, have you ever used one? But no, it wasn't something it said you had to use. ~Sande~
    False
    I just used two whit cloths. One for initial wiping. Then finished up with dry one. No streaks, not even on our chandeliers. Let me tell you they are a pain.
    False
    Two white cloths. Didn't proof.
    False
    Wow...I've never heard of using corn starch!!! I've always used vinegar and water.
    False
    I've always used old newspapers to wash windows. No streaks no matter what you use altho' usually used vinegar and water. Cornstarch sounds even better. When you're all done with the windows, just gather up the used newspaper and put in in the garden for mulch.
    False
  • Re: RE: The Best Cheapest Streak Free Window Cleaner I Ever Used!

THANK you for this posting.  I saw that episode of How Clean is Your House, but couldn't remember how much cornstarch to use.  I have a really nasty looking shower door.  Vinegar did nothing for it.  Been wanting to try the cornstarch.

False

KIM

• Re: The Best Cheapest Streak Free Window Cleaner I Ever Used!

Do you use warm water or cold?

False

Hi, Charles.  Welcom to budget living.  I have learned a few new things and hope we can help you.  Not sure if you were asking me about the warm water or cold, but I have tried it both ways with the vinegar.  I'll do it that way with the cornstarch and whichever works the best will be my regular method.

Kim

False

KIM

I recently bought some "Cornstarch."

I will have to try it for windows.

Thanks!

False
    IN GOD WE TRUST!

Hi Kim:  Thanks!

False

cornstarch is so cheap to buy, thanks for posting.

Betty 

False