Your best 2-ingredient recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Your best 2-ingredient recipes

Last post Jul 17, 2012 11:28 AM by snowyrivers . 39 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 123
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • Your best 2-ingredient recipes

How about starting a thread for thrifty 2-ingredient recipes???

Here's mine:

Junkburgers

1 pound ground beef

1 large can vegetable soup

Brown ground beef, drain.  Add the can of soup (undiluted). Season to taste.  Simmer over low heat until heated through. Serve on bread or hamburger rolls.  (You can add a little diced onion if you have some handy.)

This was a favorite recipe of my kids when they were growing up.  Cheap, filling, and fast.  I still make this for myself sometimes after a long day at work.

Does anyone have any others? 

False
  • Re: Your best 2-ingredient recipes

here's mine! :)

1 pkg. scalloped potatos

chicken breast or pork chops

mix the cheese sauce with 2 cups of water and pour into your crockpot, add potatos and meat and cook on high for about 6 hours (depends on what kind of crockpot you have, mine cooks in about 5 hours) season to taste.

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

This makes great Christmas gifts. 

BEER BREAD MIX

3 cups self-rising flour (must be self-rising)

1/2 cup white sugar

To use: Combine ingredients with a 12-oz. can of beer. Dough will be sticky. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes. Pour 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the top when you take the loaf out. Let the bread sit in the loaf pan 5 minutes before removing to finish cooling.

False

Well, it's not really a recipe, but years ago we used to make a package of beef rice-a-roni & add a lb of browned ground beef.  Yummy!  I wonder why I stopped doing this?

False

I did the same thing with Rice-A-Roni spanish rice flavored mix.  Again, this was one of my kid's favorite fast suppers. 

False

My husband likes the Zatarans red beans and rice with sliced sausage (smoked sausage)

Canned chili and maccaroni

Bagels with cheddar-- sprinkle with garlic powder and dill weed

French fries with chili

quesadias made with shredded cheddar cheese

False
    Amy

This is so easy it may as well be just 2 ingredients. 

cut green bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place in baking pan/dish

fill  peppers with a good quality frozen pre cooked meatballs or leftover meat loaf. 

Add spaghetti sauce of choice. Add a splash of water to pan.

Cover with foil and bake until peppers are soft.

Serve with rice. 

False

How about 2-ingredient baked goods - this was posted last year (on Recipes I think) by Frostqt

Almost Gingerbread

1 box spice cake mix

1 small can (the regular size can) of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

Mix together.  Grease a 9 x 13 pan, bake at 350º for 27 minutes

To me it is a cross between gingerbread and pumpkin bread.  Dense texture but pretty good for 2 ingredients!

can also be used for muffins (DorothyR's Super Easy Pumpkin Muffins) - add 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the above.  Line 12 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners (cups will be full; don't worry, won't overflow), bake at 350º for 18-22 minutes.

False

Here's mine- it was a hit at a dinner party!

Vanilla bean ice cream  + a little bit of double strength coffee poured on top.  It sounds odd, but believe me it is delicious!!!!!  My guests kept asking for more- I think they ate all the ice cream I had.

Be sure to make the coffee well in advance because it needs to be at room temperature when you pour it over the ice cream or else you will melt everything! 

False

Here's another great simple but elegant dessert:  Scoop lemon sorbet into dessert dishes.  Spoon thawed frozen raspberries over the top.  Serve with a wafer cookies.  That's it!  I had a friend who served this all the time.  It's a great refreshing dessert for summer meals.

False

China, when I worked at Mc Donalds I had people ordering vanilla milk shakes with coffee or shots of expresso in it........ Spokane WA was evidently a test zone for the espressos.

False
    Amy

We call it Chili Mac

1 box macaroni and cheese

1 can chili

Prepare the mac and cheese then add the can of chili and heat through. 

False

Zesty Italian Chicken Breasts

1 bottle Zesty Italian Salad Dressing (you can even buy the Good Seasons and Mix it or regular Italian)

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (or even bone in chicken works)

Maranate (sp) the chicken at least 4 hours for lots of flavor.  Bake, broil or grill until done.

We frequently buy the boneless skineless chicken breasts when the fresh go on sale.  I will put enough meat in a baggie to feed the family one meal, pour in the dressing and then freeze until ready.  Talk about ultra moist and flavorful chicken.

False

KIM

I like to freeze the marinade w/the chicen/cops too.  We love Dale's Seasoning w/chicken breasts.  Very good!   Lipton Onion Soup Mix w/chicken or chops are good too.  I will eitherput the meat into egg, then the soup mix or just sprinkle it on both sides.  DH loves it like that.

Angie

False
    Hugs, Angie Visit my blog http://5kidsmyhusbandandme.blogspot.com/

I am going to do a three ingredient recipe - hope no one minds.  This is a good one, tried and true.

one turkey breast (make sure it is small enough to fit in your crock pot)

1/2 envelope of dried onion soup mix (the original recipe called for 1 whole envelope, but I don't need the sodium and I think my recipe works well).

one can of cranberry sauce

put turkey in crock pot - cover with the remaining.  It is a really good recipe, makes a nice sauce. 

False