upside down biscuit desserts | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

upside down biscuit desserts

Last post Sep 17, 2008 10:40 PM by jils2003 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • upside down biscuit desserts

put a tbsp.of melted butter into each muffin tin then add a tbsp of your fav.pie filling. put a ready to bake biscuit on top of that in each muffin tin bake until biscuit is done.i use the flaky biscuits but you could use any you have on hand.i also will little pineapple upside down cakes that way using biscuits but my fav.one is after i have melted butter and put in each muffin tin.i mix up brown sugar and cinnamon  put some of that in each muffin tin and then chop up some apple and put that n before i put in biscuit.the only thing is yo uhave ot remove them from muffin tins as soon as they come out of oven .because as the cool they tend to stick .just sharing yo ucan drizzle a glaze over them if you want to be fancy or sprinkle powdered sugar on them

False
  • Re: upside down biscuit desserts

I've done this for many years, but usually use fresh fruit, adding sugar and cinnamon and a dash of cornstarch. (for thickening). I then make biscuit toppings using Bisquick or my own b.p. biscuit recipe, adding a little sugar to the batter. (Cheaper than buying biscuits) place in buttered individual pyrex custard dishes nd bake. When done serve in the bowls or turn upside down and when cooled slightly serve on a plate.

False

Ladies, that sounds so good. I've never thought of doing that. I've got a ton of home canned peach pie filling and now I have another thing to use it besides a pie. Yes This dessert would compliment by bean pot that we're having for dinner. Big Smile

False

Click for Rock Springs, Wyoming Forecast

TOH field editor for Wyoming

I learned to make pecan rolls like this in high school cooking class.  Over the years, I've made many different versions using pie fillings, the bit of jam left over in the jar, cinnamon sugar, etc.

I made donuts using canned biscuit dough.  Cut out a hole in the middle, fry in hot oil and shake with cinnamon/sugar.

Fried pies made with cooked apples or leftover applesauce or other fruit.  Roll out dough, put filling on one side, fold over, seal and fry.  Or bake.

I also made mini pizza's out of canned biscuit dough. Roll out, add toppings, bake.

Canned biscuits used to cost 10 cents a can and I could make a variety of different goodies with them. My grown up  kids still love the donuts!

False

I am going to try this. It sounds like a perfect serving size for the kids.

False

Bump

False