Kroger shoppers - when do they do markdowns? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Kroger shoppers - when do they do markdowns?

Last post Sep 18, 2008 7:29 PM by MarineMom_texas . 8 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • Kroger shoppers - when do they do markdowns?

I'm not sure if I read it on here or somewhere else, about Kroger doing their meat (and other) markdowns around a certain time of day.  I was wondering if anybody knows.  I'd be interested in getting my meat marked down, since that's usually how I get it from WalMart, but I think Kroger might have more variety maybe.  It's rare to find ground beef md'd at WalMart.

False
    Check out my blog, www.mycountrycupboard.blogspot.com to see how I do it!
  • Re: Kroger shoppers - when do they do markdowns?

it probably varies, store to store.  but the one closet to me, the pork is usually around noon and the beef around 4 or 5.  they also mark down the deli meat, but leave it in the deli aisle, they don't move it to the bargin bin.  You may have to do a little investigating at your store.

False

The Kroger in my town start their mark downs at 8:00 A.M.  But every store is different.  Ask your meat department manager, he'll tell you.  I have really gotten some fantastic deals by going early.

False

Bump

False

THanks everyone :)  I guess I'll just have to muster up the guts to go ask "when do you do your meat markdowns?"  LOL.

False
    Check out my blog, www.mycountrycupboard.blogspot.com to see how I do it!

Morning. After DS and I dropped DD off at preschool we went grocery shopping and the discounted meat been was full at 9:30 am.

False

Click for Rock Springs, Wyoming Forecast

glutenfreern.blogspot.com

TOH field editor for Wyoming

We have 2 Kroger stores in my town. They  mark down their meat at both stores, but they have become "stingy"  in my opinion.

Used to be I could get meat marked at least 50% off at both stores. Sometimes even better. About a yr ago, I got some buffalo meat that had been $4.99 a lb marked down to .99 a lb!! I stocked up that day.

They don't seem to have any set "rule of thumb" about how much to mark it down. It seems to depend on who is working in the meat dept. that day. One day I'll find meat 50%, off the next time it will only be 30% off. Also, the other store sometimes waits until 2 or 3 days have passed AFTER the expiration date to mark it down, and you'd think they would mark it really cheap to get it out of there as quickly as possible seeing as how they let it go past the expiration date- but no, still they only knock off about 30%.

I know, I should be thankful they knock off any, but it still gets my goat that they don't always knock off 50%. Oh well, we'll just eat more chicken!! LOL!

False
    K.Coats
    I think it differs from store to store. Mine here in town does their mark-downs early in the am.

I know what you mean about them becoming stingy. I used to find meat marked at 50% off. Now I am lucky to get it 30%. I actually found some steaks in the "marked down" bin for $14.00! How is that marked down, I ask you? LOL!

False
    (¯`v´¯) `*.¸.*´ ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨ (¸.•´ (¸.•´ Gina

My Kroger marks their meat down in the morning. They also put out their marked down baked goods in the morning. We have another Kroger down the street and they put out their marked down baked goods along with free baked goods. That's right - they're marked "free". It's usually different kinds of rolls. Our other Kroger does not do this so it is just this particular store.

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16-1/2 years.