Yogurt that didn't set up... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Yogurt that didn't set up...

Last post Dec 31, 2008 5:10 PM by jckc2006 . 9 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • Yogurt that didn't set up...

What can I do with yogurt that didn't set up?  I made yogurt last night & it didn't set up...can I make yogurt cheese from it?  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

False
  • Re: Yogurt that didn't set up...
    You could put it in popsicle molds (or cups with sticks) and make yogurt popsicles. I might try substituting it for milk in a baked good for a little added nutritional value, but I've never tried that to know if it would actually work.
    False

If it isn't sweetened you can use it instead of sour cream in recipes.  Since it's already thinned, add some frozen fruit concentrate and make smoothies, that's my favorite!  I make yogurt a lot an sometimes it doesn't set up.  I think it's because the starter yogurt may be weak. I use a quart jar and 9 out of 10 times it's perfect.   With the yogurt maker, 7 out of 10 times it's perfect.  Big Smile

False

Add abit of sugar or sweetener and a little vanilla and drink it like a shake..

Maybe your culture was too old. You can

t keep the envelopes longer than 6 mo. I usually use some of my home made yogurt as starter for the next batch and buy a new small carton of CULTURED olain after about 2 months because the old strain of gets sort of weak.

False

I use it as I would buttermilk...in pancakes, baking...or I chill it and mix with a fruit syrup (this summer I had a bumper crop of blackcaps). 

False

In Sweden they would use this in place of milk for there morning cereal.

Viny

False
    When I don't have buttermilk I think yogurt to make cornbread.
    False

False

After 20 days I hope she has done something with the yogurt that didn't set up.

False

Yup, I did!  I used it to make a yogurt wheat bread...yum!  But I really do appreciate all the tips, I think I have some uses for it next time it comes up!

False