What can I do with leftover boiled white potatoes?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I do with leftover boiled white potatoes??

Last post Oct 09, 2009 7:52 PM by babyblu927 . 12 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • What can I do with leftover boiled white potatoes??

I was given a big bag of all purpose white potatoes and I cooked up quite a few the other night when my family was over.  They didn't eat all of them and now I have quite a bit left over! Sad Besides frying them with onions, what else can I do with them!  I need some ideas for dinner tonite! 

I know if anyone can give me some ideas, it would be from my great friends on the budget living site!  Thanks everyone!!

Janet in MI

where it is cold, rainy and very windy!!

False

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

If you think your dog can't count, try putting 3 dog biscuits in your pocket, then give your dog only 2 of them!

• Re: What can I do with leftover boiled white potatoes??

How about making potato salad.  Or heat back up and mash.  Or mash a bunch and make a mashed potato casserole.  There are a few ideas.  I'll keep thinking.

False
    License

Mash some up and make Cream of Potato soup...yum!

False

The potato soup is a good idea, scalloped potatoes, chunk them up & add them to veg. soup, shred them w/ground meat & make hash, there are baked goods that use mashed potatoes...I've had spud-nuts....potato doughnuts.  Lots of casseroles use potatoes....shredded, chunked, etc. Make kabobs w/chunks of meat, veggies & potatoes.

False

Slice and pan-fry with onions/green pepper to serve with eggs or left over sliced meats or as an omlette filling.

Mash them and add cream cheese, sour cream marg, salt, pepper,  and  onion powder. Put into casserole dish, and top with melted butter mixed with dry bread crumbs.  Reheat in 350 oven or the microwave when ready to serve.   We call these Swedish Potatoes.

False

mash them up - add onions, flour and egg.  fry as potato pancakes.  Yum.

Janetplanet

False

False

"Disabled And Proud!" Both me and my only child are SSA Registered-Certified Disabled PWDs. I was born in the state of California, in the county of Santa Clara, in the city of San José. ***In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. - Norwegian Proverb***

OMW I'm so hungry now ... i was gonna say fry 'em up and have eggs for dinner, but ... now ...

False

signature 

My "Babies" are growing up!!!!

White or Russet potatoes are not very good for potato salad because they are so starchy and fall apart so easy once cooked. They are best for just boiled, baked, Janet's pancakes, or pancakes made from raw grated potatoes and of course, creamy potato soup.

Red potatoes are best for salad.

False

put into a casserole or pot pie...with lots of veggies...you can also freeze them for a few weeks..

False

SMILES GO A LONG WAY..SO LAUGH AND SMILE TODAY! ENJOY LIFE!

MY DOBEE DOO BLACK LAB AND BEST FRIEND!Big Smile

If you have some ground beef how about shepherds pie?

False

I just want to thank everyone for all the wonderful ideas you gave me for my excess cooked potatoes!  I ended up making potato soup for one night and the next night I fried up what was left with onions and green and red peppers!  My dear hubby just loved that!  We had eggs with the potatoes so I was really able to "stretch" my grocery money for this week!!  (Eggs were on sale for 79 cents this week-bought 4 dozen!)  Thank you all so very much!!

PS I only have about 33+ more pounds of potatoes left to use.  But at least now I have LOTS of wonderful ways to use them!!

Janet in wet, rainy, cold MI

False

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

If you think your dog can't count, try putting 3 dog biscuits in your pocket, then give your dog only 2 of them!

When i make mashed potatoes, i make extra so i have leftovers. I use my cookie/ice cream scoop and scoop the potatoes into balls and place balls on wax paper on a cookie sheet. I then put the cookie sheet in the freezer and let them harden. When they are frozen i place them in ziploc bags and store in the freezer.  When i need mashed potatoes i put 5-6 "balls" depending on how many i am serving in a microwave safe bowl with a pat of butter.  I microwave the bowl covered in saran wrap for 3 minutes.  Add a little milk, stir, and microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until hot and stir and serve.
    False