What can I do with leftover shampoo?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I do with leftover shampoo??

Last post Nov 15, 2009 5:11 PM by elsgrandy . 11 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • What can I do with leftover shampoo??

I am guilty of buying new shampoo and never finishing the bottle.  Usually, I don't like the way it makes my hair feel.  What can I do with the leftovers?

False
  • Re: What can I do with leftover shampoo??

If I do that I usually leave it it the spot DH puts his shampoo and don't buy him any more until it is gone.  Then he knows he is supposed to use it up.  He doesn't have much hair up there and isn't too picky on what cleans his bald head.  If there isn't any he just uses body soap.  LOL

False
    License
  • leftover shampoo = body wash

Use the left-over shampoo as body wash or, if your pet doesn't have temperamental skin, pet wash!

False
  • Re: leftover shampoo = body wash

I would put it under the bathroom sink and use it for hand washing.

Janetplanet

False

Often times using the same shampoo over and over can cause build up on your hair and make it feel heavy.  I have found that by keeping two kinds in the shower - I can rotate every so many days and avoid this problem (one cleanses away the other) and that way you use both bottles until they are empty. 

False

hi

i would use the leftovers on my lace panties & bras, or use it on any of your unmentionals  what could it hurt??/

False

I've used shampoo and bubble bath that were taking up cabinet space to clean my porch, sidewalk and rugs. I clean my area rugs in the summer by hanging them over my clothesline and using a scrub brush and waterhose to clean. I've used shampoo and dishliquid as well as laundry detergent to clean them for years without a problem.When my dd lived at home we had a cabinet full of different brands of hair products. She has been gone for over 3 years now and I just recently had to purchase some shampoo and conditioner.

False

I've used shampoo bottle ends to pre- treat the neck/ collar areas of jackets before laundering.  Mom used up bits on the collar areas of Dad's shirts back in the Brillcreme days. 

False

Lsouth

Often times using the same shampoo over and over can cause build up on your hair and make it feel heavy.  I have found that by keeping two kinds in the shower - I can rotate every so many days and avoid this problem (one cleanses away the other) and that way you use both bottles until they are empty. 

If I could find any shampoo that made my hair (fur) feel heavy, I would never switch.

False
    Ann

We are guilty of not using the bottom of our shampoo bottles too & I've started pouring them into travel sized containers you can get at the dollar store.  They don't take up much room in bags, so they're great for weekends away.

As for finding a shampoo that doesn't weigh down hair, it sounds silly but I've started using my daughters kids shampoo.  I used it one day when there wasn't any other shampoo in the shower, and have used it every since.  I guess they make kids/baby shampoos gentler so it doesn't leave a bunch of gunk on my hair.  We love to find on sale Suave kids 2 in 1!

False
    I have two sugggestions for you, one if from me and one is from a website I use a lot.

1) For shampoo left at the bottom of the bottle I add water and use the soapy water on my hair, it gets all the shampoo out of thte bottle and y ou still get a good wash.

2) When the bottle gets low, keep shampoo, conditioner, make-up, and all kinds of containers standing (or leaning) with the lid at the bottom. This way, everything slides down the container and you get MUCH MORE from the container than if you leave it standing upright. (this one is from the scott common sense web site)

Good for you for trying to be a bit more "green" --- this will help save you a bit more money.
    False
    Say what you mean and mean what you say. Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

My sister cleans houses. She swears by it for cleaning showers and tubs.

False