best local price on frozen turkey? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

best local price on frozen turkey?

Last post Nov 25, 2009 2:54 PM by Heavens_IL . 8 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • best local price on frozen turkey?

Fareway Stores offered their own label of frozen, basted turkey for 40 cents/lb.  I doubt it will go much lower (although it could, I suppose) and bought an 18# bird on Saturday.

What is the cheapest price you've seen locally?  (nothing organic, nothing Butterball!)

False
  • Re: best local price on frozen turkey?

I paid .28 lb.  But that came with a $50.00 purchase which is very easy to do since i only shop at the grocery store once a month.

False

Shipping to small, isolated towns makes some things higher pruced(that is what  the stor owners tell you) Turkeys in both of our two stores are 68 cents lbs this week. Celery is 88 cents  p bunch but red bell peppers re $1.50 ea and lemons are $1.29 ea. Broccoli is 79 cents lbs , all those items except lemons are on special this week.

False

40 cents a pound is the lowest I have seen this year in our area.

False

.89/lb for turkey here.

False

Walmart is advertising them for .40 a pound here. They are advertising that with their specials you are supposed to be able to make a Thanksgiving dinner for 8 for under $20. The dinner is pretty bare bones: 12 lb turkey, 3 cans of vegetables, 2 lbs of sw potatoes, 2 cans of cranberries, 12 rolls, 2 twin pks of stove top and one pumpkin roll cake. I bought my 24 lb turkey at Kroger with an additional $25 order for $11 so I paid a little more per  pound, but I like the Honeysuckle White turkeys best and that's what Kroger had. I'll have plenty of leftovers.

False

Fry's (Kroger) has Jennie-O for .37 LB. we have 2 and we will get one more.

Albertsons has Honey Suckle white for .43 (I like this brand)

celery at Fry's .79

small box instant mashed potatoes Albertsons $1 (I have one son that will only eat this kind)

5Lb potatoes .58

Onions .60 lb

butter $3 for 2 lbs

False
    Amy

I got the same ad as marasmom:  walmart advertised their turkeys for 40 cents a pound. The sale page we got from them said they would GO ON SALE FOR THIS PRICE ON THE 18TH.So at 3 PM on the 18th, I dragged dh to the next town to get one.When we couldn't find them we asked the buthcher, who replied, "we sold out of those days ago" (to which I replied "the ad says they go on sale TODAY". I went to another store to get a turkey, the best walmart could offer me was Butterball turkey at the advertised price of 98 cents/lb. I am not happy with wallys right now.

False

"Practice random acts of kindness"

Here is my local best, 48 cents a lb w/ $25 purchase

http://www.ultra-foods.com/Shop/WeeklyAd.aspx

We don't have any Super WalMarts in my area

False

Have a good day, Sue Big Smile

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."