Pizza dough | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Pizza dough

Last post Apr 12, 2010 10:02 AM by Lsouth . 4 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • Pizza dough

I have been buying pizza dough already made at Walmart, and it cost .88 and I usually buy two, and i can make so many things from these, pizza of course, but calzones, spinach bread with mozzerla cheese, roll around hot dogs and I put cheese in it, biscuits, bread bowls, soft breadsticks, pretzels, rolls, ..I experiment with all types of foods....very inexpensive and can be frozen too, oh I also make pepperoni rolls for the boys after school snack...yummy

False

SMILES GO A LONG WAY..SO LAUGH AND SMILE TODAY! ENJOY LIFE!

MY DOBEE DOO BLACK LAB AND BEST FRIEND!Big Smile

• Re: Pizza dough

I buy my yeast bulk at the Amish store - make my own pizza dough with flour, salt, bit of olive oil, water and yeast.  It really isn't hard at all with the dough hook on my Kitchenaid mixer - and saves a lot of money.  Once you get used to working with yeast dough you will be surprised at how good you can get.

Janet 

False

I do the same thing Janet.  I make it in the breadmaker and that makes enough ffor 2 or 3 pizzas for us.  I actually plan on making some later this week to use up some of our leftover ham.  I also have a fresh pineapple there in the fridge so hawaiian pizza for usYes

False

By coincidence, I got this in an email this morning.  Sounds super easyYes

Homemade pizza dough

1 Tbsp. (or 1 packet) active dry yeast (I like fast rise, personally.)
    1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F.)
    2 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 tsp. sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 tsp. each garlic powder, rosemary, Italian seasoning, onion powder

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil to water mixture. Combine dry ingredients and then add wet. Stir well. Knead in bowl (adding extra flour if necessary) until dough is smooth.

Press evenly onto very lightly greased pizza stone. Add sauce and toppings. Some of our favorite toppings include: pepperoni, sausage, red onions, marinated artichokes, broccoli, black olives, pineapple and bacon. Top with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Enjoy!

False

I just made the best pizza dough ever - last night.  It was chewy on the inside and baked up crisp on the bottom - not floppy at all.  It was also very easy to stretch to the right size.  I used the dough to make 1 pizza & a batch of breadsticks that I brushed with a olive oil/garlic powder mixture. 

The recipe used 2 cups of reg flour and 1 cup semolina flour (bought at an ethnic store for $1.99 for 2 lbs).   I made it in the bread maker.  It also contained 1 1/4 cups warm water, 2 tsp olive oil, then added the flour mixed, 1/2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp salt, and 2 tsp yeast. 

It truly tasted like take out.  My husband was amazed at the crispy crust baked in a reg oven at 400 on a regular non-stick pan (I sprayed w/Pam and tossed on a bit of cornmeal). 

False