converting powdered detergent to liquid | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

converting powdered detergent to liquid

Last post Oct 03, 2011 7:13 PM by doogle73 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • converting powdered detergent to liquid

Has anyone ever converted their powdered laundry detergent into liquid ? if you did, how much did you use in one load of laundry? I have a nice fragrance free powder that doesn't dissolve as well as I'd like so I would like to turn it into liquid but not sure about the water to dry powder ratio & how much to use if I can get it turned into a  useable liquid.  who has tried it & how well did it work out?

False
  • Re: converting powdered detergent to liquid

I don't know how one would do this but you might try dissolving your powder in some hot water before adding it to your wash. nd add it while he asher is filling, before you put your clothes in.  I don't use powdered detergents but I would think this would dissolve the granules.

False

i have a front loader so adding as it fills  is out. i have not been able to dissolve the powder completely so far with really hot water. I don't seem to have the ration  correct it seems as I am still having issues with  clumps of granules not getting wet enough to dissolve completely.  I thot maybe someone else has already tried this & it has worked for them. will keep trying.

False

A box of powdered detergent is what I'm trying to use up at the moment.  Mine is not dissolving well in the washer so I started mixing it with hot water in a gal. bucket before starting to sort laundry.  By the time I'm ready to use it & the washer has almost filled, I'll add it.  Since you can't do that with a front loader, I'd consider pouring it back & forth between 2 buckets of hot water & letting it sit 15-20 min. before putting it in the washer & then adding clothes.  Manufacturers claim their product dissolves well but not with our hard water it doesn't.    

False

All detergents don't work well in front loaders.  That may be your problem.

False

I agree with that!

False