04/01/2012 Cookin' Seniors Chat | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

04/01/2012 Cookin' Seniors Chat

Last post Apr 01, 2012 8:15 PM by Pbrown1 . 17 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • 04/01/2012 Cookin' Seniors Chat

Good Morning:

Bob is going fishing Sunday morning.  He says the moon is not right and the day only has one star, but the other guy that is going really wants to go and this is the only day he has.   The only good thing is they are not going till 7 which means we get up at our usual time.

They had 2 different poultry shows in Pensacola today.  Bob won best waterfowl in both. Then a little boy that loves Bob's Rhode Island Red Bantams and Bob gave him a male and two females.  The little boy won best red bantam in one show and Bob took 2nd.  Then that afternoon Bob won best red bantam and the little boy took 2nd.  The little boy was so excited his birds actually won something.  His dad raises the Rhode Island Red large fowl but the little boy wanted something he could handle so Bob gave him the bantams.  Bob also sold a trio of Brahmas to another little boy that had some hatchery chicks he showed at the show.  The little boy wanted them but Bob wanted $45 and the little boy only had $30 so Bob made a deal with him that he would show them this fall at the fair if Bob let him have them for $30.   

Thought of the Day- It's easy to identify people who can't count to ten. They're in front of you in the supermarket express lane.

Today is Palm Sunday.  This is begins the Holy week leading to Easter and the ressurection of Jesus Christ from the dead. It commemorates Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem where people put palms down in front of his path.

On Palm Sunday, palms are distributed in church and blessed during the mass. People take them home and place them around religious pictures, statues or other objects. They remain there for a year until the next Palm Sunday when they are replaced by newly blessed Palms.

When discarding old palms, remember it is a blessed religious object and should be burned or buried. Some gardeners bury it in their home garden, believing it will bless the coming year's crop.

Did you Know? The ashes you receive on Ash Wednesday are from the prior years palms.

Waving to Lesia!!

Special hugs and prayers for Anne, Betty, Merle, Sherry and Odell, Cilla, Cats, and Sally and Colleen.

And Don’t Forget the basket!! Keep it full of extra hugs and prayers for all that need them!!

Remember the group prayer! “Heavenly Father, we ask that you watch over and care for all Cookin’ Seniors and those they love as they go about their day!!”

Hugs

Zora

False

On the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast!

• Re: 04/01/2012 Cookin' Seniors Chat

LOL this morning it took us a little while to get started.  But we finally did.

Tippy-Have a wonderful time at Rosie's.  Both of you take lots and lots of pictures to share so we can all feel we are there with you.

Hugs and prayers for all!!

Zora

False

On the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast!

Good morning,i will be going to church then no plans,our town as no petrol glad we dont need the car today.I made Trevor jam tarts,mince pies,and a apple and blackberry pie yesterday.

It was cold yesterday,it looks a lot brighter this morning.

False

Margaret Travel

Zora well done to Bob.

Thanks for bringing Nancy b post over it did confuse me to start with, mind it does not take much.

NancyB do hope your sons eye is soon better.

Penny yea dad do seem to give into little girls, she will walk all over him as she gets older.

Pat good news on katelyn,will continue to pray for her,hope she is not in to much pain.

Beverly lovely photo,hope she does well in her dancing.

Rosie its lovely to see you and tippys photos,have fun.

False

Margaret Travel

I really cleaned up at cards last night - best nite I ever had.  It is due to cards dealt, not skill!

Who's who in the picture posted yesterday?  If I had won that mega lottery I was going to buy a plane and take ALL of us someplace for a fun weekend - and the pets, too.  Well, there will always be another lottery.  Nancy B

False

hello

Yesterday was a fabulous day, even with the horrible heat.  We only did the local tour showing Tippy all the places she hears Doreen and I talk about.  Today I think we will go west young man and see the LBJ ranch, more wild flowers and Luckenbach!  Maybe…we’ll see how we feel in an hour.

We went to the dam and Marti, Tippy and I searched for wildflowers – when Marti wasn’t telling Tippy that she was the most wonderful human God ever made (was really sickening).

We found some Black-Foot daisies

And smelled some Huisache (beautiful aromatic tree in bloom)

After we got home Tippy and I were identifying the wildflowers we had seen and they guys were outside.  Suddenly they started hollering, and we ran out and there was a visitor…a roadrunner.

Hugs and prayers to each of you, because you are loved!

Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre’s Tippy!

Hi friends. It is a beautiful day in Texas!  More beautiful than I even imagined.

I had a pretty good idea of how great it would  be to be face to face with ROSIE but even that is better than I imagined.

Just remember that she has ‘photo-shop’ . ‘grin’

TTFN friends

Tippy

My computer so I get rebuttal….I never ever ever Photoshop!!!!  She is as beautiful as she appears.

False

Good Morning!

Today is get ready to leave day, so lots of packing up to do on my part. This includes taking Whiskey for a bath so I can stand him again. PU! 

Today is also my Miss Lilly's first birthday.  She has grown so quickly and is walking and starting to talk.  She also knows about 18 words in baby sign language.  Julie is so impressed, she tried to teach Joey sign language and he only learned the word hungry.

Beverly~ Riley is growing up so fast.  She is a beauty!

Rosie& Tippy~ Have fun today.  Wonder if you will hear the Willie song in Luckenbach?  We sure had fun there.  So glad you got to see the roadrunner.  Aren't they huge? Have you seen the buzzards yet on 306?

Better get moving, so much to do.  Tomorrow we leave for Deridder to get the rear airconditioner fixed/replaced and other stuff, then off to Alabama.  Finally!

Hugs, love and prayers to you all,

Doreen

False

April Fools

Good morning ladies, A happy and safe April Fools Day to each of you.  Looks like the beginning of another beautiful day.  All storms went around us last night. Sure was glad.  Not sure what today holds. Race will be on at 12:30 so I may just hang around home and watch the race.

Zora - Love the thought for the day. That is so true.

Margaret - Hope you had a great day.

Nancy B. - Whoo Hoo, Sounds like it was okay you didn't win the lottery since you cleaned house with card winnings.

Rosie - Sounds like a good plan for the day to me. Love all the pictures. Keep them coming. 

Tippy - Enjoy every minute. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Need to get up and get another  cup of coffee. Ab's and I may go sit on the front porch for a while. Bought new feeders for the hummers so will put them up today.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs, love, and prayers for all.

Brenda      

False

Doreen - Oh yes, you do have a busy day. Packing up is always a chore when you have been in one place for a while. The way the weather is you will definitely need the back a/c in good running condition. Be safe on your travels to Bama.

Hugs,

Brenda

False

Morning all.  So far it's gloomy out there.  Guess we had rain over nite, but I sure didn't hear it.  My sleep pattern seems to be back on schedule, knocking on wood as I type that.  I was up just before 7:30 and was sure that it was Mon. and I hadn't washed my swim suit.  Got that done, came out here and looked at the calendar, guess I'd better get ready for church!  Ready to walk out the door now.

Rosie and Tippy, sure enjoying the pictures.  Have a great time!  I'm hungary for chicken & dumplings Tippy, but figure with all the good eats you're having we won't be going for that any time soon.

Saw Katelyn last nite.  While she was glad to be home she wasn't happy with the pills that she has to take and they don't seem too happy with her either.  Hope she's feeling better this am.  I'll stop by after church and see her.

Got to run.  Pat

False

Bee with tag
     Pesticides hit queen bee numbers <click to read article.
    ----------------------- 

As I strolled around the back acreage, I took notice that the mesquite was putting out their narrow leaves. A sure sign winter has departed and spring has sprung. Generally, when mesquites put on leaves you can bet your bottom dollar there will not be any more freezes.

Life is short. 
    Live it to the fullest.
    It has an expiration  date.

False

Good Sunday morning, everyone!

We spent almost 4 hours picking up beach trash yesterday.  It was cloudy and "spitty", and the wind was right off of the ocean.  Brrrrr!  We were all bundled up in several layers with wool hats and gloves.  Good thing we had "grabbers" or I would have had a hard time bending down with wearing all the layers.  God rewarded us with a wind shift after the first hour and with a sighting of two ospreys on the nesting platform and a snowy owl in a tree.  Those ospreys are huge!!  The male flew right over our heads on his way to fish the ocean.  Awesome to see with binoculars!!

Didn't sleep enough last night...stressmares...so I just got up and read.  A nap is in my future this afternoon!!

Zora - Thanks for starting the April recipe thread.  Soup recipe looks good!  Love any kind of bean soup.  I agree with you...simmering makes all soups better!!  Yesterday's Easter bunny jokes had me laughing out loud!

Pat - Hope Katelyn feels better today!

Tippy & Rosie - Thanks for the pictures!  Love the one of the roadrunner!  Hope it turns a little cooler for you.  Enjoy your field trip today!

Doreen - Safe travels!  Get some of that "dry shampoo" at Petco for PU emergencies!!  http://www.dogtipper.com/tip/2010/01/grooming-your-dog-with-dry-dog-shampoo.html

Brenda - Have a nice sit on your porch.  Tell me more about your hummingbird feeders.  I put one out several years ago and got nothing!  Have only seen one in our yard ever. 

Beverly - Wonderful sayings...so true!  Lovely picture of Riley! 

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!  Waving to all!

False

AnnStar

Thanks, Ann, will pick up some when we go this afternoon.

We had ospreys in a tree next to our house at Lake Almanor.  When the babies were in the nest every year they were noisy day and night.  It was great to see the parents pulling fish out of the lake to feed them.  You are right, they are huge!

False

A Blessed Palm Sunday, CS.

ZORA, great that Bob had winners in Pensacola. And, what a nice thing to do for that young boy.

MARGARET, how lucky is Trevor. Russell only got one pie.

NANCY B, we all deserve one good night with the cards. Seeing I know what TIPPY looks like, I did OK with the pic.

YIPPEE! YIPPEE! for ROSIE and TIPPY.

DOREEN, I have Sirius (free, BTW) in my new van. I listen to Willie's Roadhouse station, so heard that song yesterday. Even heard a Waylon song. May everything be in order as you leave for AL.

BRENDA, had to refill my coffee cup a couple of times this morning. I'm getting my hummer feeders out, too. I checked the hummer map and there have been sightings in this area.

PAT, gloomy and gray up here, too. Nice to know Katelyn is home. Praying for good things for her.

BEVERLY, cute tap dancer. Remembering when my girls were in dance class.

ANN, I checked the hummingbird migration map and reports of sightings in the New England area have been reported.

Hugs and prayers for all CS.

Nancy Z.

False

Good Morning from snowy Alberta, Canada. Over our blanket of 6 inches, we got another 4 inches of wet snow. Yesterday I was walking in town in my t-Shirt and now we are totally white again. The snow had been melting. Temps had been in the 30-50*F range this past week, with light freezing overnight.  Farmers can use the moisture. I'd still rather have this than temps in the 80's and 90's or raging wildfires or tornadoes.

Wishing everyone a Blessed Day of worship!

False