turning 50 survival kit | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

turning 50 survival kit

Last post Jun 12, 2009 9:01 PM by royalpita1 . 2 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • turning 50 survival kit

I need some help.  My boss is turning 50 next week and I wanted to put put together a survival kit for him.  Funny stuff....  any ideas from all you smart and crafty sisters???  I want to get the items then put a little tag on it telling what it is... like...

Safety Pin to hold it all together when things feel like they're falling apart.

Lollipop for days you feel life sucks.

Pennies for your thoughts. 

can anyone help me please....

Lynn

False
  • Re: turning 50 survival kit

Here is one I did for a friend's 40th birthday. I put them all in a big basket, wrapped it in cellophane and put a big bow on it. You could just change the number to 50. Also, you wouldn't have to use all of these - just pick and choose. Hope this helps.

Joan

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Here's an idea - a 40th survival kit.
    40 lollipops - for when life sucks.
    40 paperclips - to hold things together.
    40 gladiola bulbs - because we're "glad" you finally joined the 40 club. Or some of us are "glad" it's you and not us.
    40 rubber bands - to remind you to give tight hugs.
    40 Hershey kisses - to use at your discretion.
    40 tooth picks - to remind you to pick out the good qualities of everyone including yourself.
    40 carrots - to keep your eyesight now that you're old.
    40 screws - no explanation needed!
    40 pennies - for 40 good wishes
    40 garbage bags - to get rid of your old garbage/baggage
    40 mls of oil - to keep your joints lubricated.
    40 chili peppers - to spice up your life
    40 marbles - spares for when you lose your own
    40 erasers - to wipe out the mistakes you've made in the past
    40 matches - to light your fire in any way shape or form that may need to be assisted at your advance years
    40 sheets of paper - to write the next chapter in your life
    40 nuts - because sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't
    40 beans - because you have BEEN such a good friend to us all.
    And finally, some Thyme - because everyone can use a little more time.

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16-1/2 years.

• Re: turning 50 survival kit
    package of depends.... because we all depend on you.... or well the item speaks for itself>>>>>> One of those plastic hand clappers so he can give himself applause when no one else will>>>>>> a bit of rope for when he comes to the end of his>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A subscription to AARP or at least an application form>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pkg of 50 marbles in case he loses one of his... similar to the screws. This is a great thing to do.... I am sure he will love what you put together.>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sure glad my friends didnt think of this... but you better know that I will remember it for others. Dont forget asprin for all those aches and pains.
    False

Denise