Gluten Free Pie Crust | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Gluten Free Pie Crust

Last post Aug 05, 2008 12:14 PM by KJ1 . 2 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • Gluten Free Pie Crust

Does anyone know where I can purchase gluten free GRAHAM CRACKER pie crusts...already prepared and ready to use?  It would sure be handy.

False
  • Re: Gluten Free Pie Crust

Hi - I have not found a pre-made graham cracker pie crust to date. However, I use Health Valley's Rice Bran Crackers.  I grind them in my food processor and then add melted butter to the amount of crumbs you want and pulse a few times.  Press them into your dish/pan that has been sprayed Pam.   Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.  I use these crumbs for cheesecakes, pies, or any recipe calling for graham cracker crumbs.  Hope this helps?

False
  • Re: Gluten Free Pie Crust

I haven't found a good gf cracker that worked like a graham cracker, but when a recipe calls for a cracker crust, I just use a regular pie crust. I have a really good recipe for an easy gluten free pie pastry, so I just use it instead of trying to find some cracker. I don't have a lot of access to many store bought gluten free foods. The pie crust recipe can be found at www.glutenfreeda.com and the name of the recipe is "Easy Pie Crust" I think.

False
    Karissa