H L Topic of Week of Feb. 4-10~Speed up your Metabolism~ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

H L Topic of Week of Feb. 4-10~Speed up your Metabolism~

Last post Feb 10, 2012 8:25 PM by rossmom229 . 94 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 5 of 7 (95 items) < First34567
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • Re: H L Topic of Week of Feb. 4-10~Speed up your Metabolism~

Good Morning My Healthy Beauties!

Macie started walking at 10mos.  She will be 11 mos the day before V-day and next month- is her big One year b'day! :)

Where in the world does time go? Goodness gracious! Seems like just yesterday when she was born.

Rebecca, that is so sweet of Gabriel and his blowing kisses. Macie should be doing it soon- she cracks up when we blow her kisses. She is starting to imitate different things now. When she wakes up - she is whispering. I was telling Crystal and she says Grammie(Crystal's Mom) whispers to Macie- mystery solved. :) It sounds so cute- sounds like she is trying to be quiet to keep from waking someone. FUNNY!

(((Kris)))), that is so scary. Glad you are safe and sound. Praying for the fmailies of the ones involved in the accident.

Dawn, hope you are doing well. Hugs and prayers.

Dusta, I had to change Macie's straps to one of the upper posistions on her carseat- she is growing so fast but she has slowed down just a bit. I guess the walking is keeping her trim. LOL

Waving to Sherry, Natasha, Debi, and everyone else. Hugs and Waves. Gotta scoot and pick up Macie girl.

False

~Muril~

Good Morning~!!

Not sure if I can catch up with everyone, but will try!!

Jill - woohoo on the weight loss!!  All that liquid cleaned out salt & all that from your system. It's amazing how much it helps ;-) So proud of you!!

Natasha - congrats to your sister, big hugs for Baby Madison!! The plant was a sweet thought for Jackson (((hugs)))  glad the dr. appt. went well.

Dusta - LOL at Lulu and the pepsi, that mel~!!! SOM Stick out tongue I'm with you on the leg & vet, have her looked at. Worst case you're out an hour of time and some $$ for the vet's time.  It's well worth the peace of mind. Give Lulu some hugs for me :-)

Muril - hope you have a good day with Miss Macie. Has your mom decided to come up?  In north carolina, if you don't have a will it goes to the judge, s/he decides what happens to your belongings. I know dh's dad would fight tooth &  nail for "his share", and I won't allow that. Like you & Lee, it's if something happened to both of us - or Heaven Forbid the 3 of us. I want certain things to go to certain people, etc.

Sherry (((((hugs)))) Gregg went thru a lot, didn't he?  Thanks for the recipes, I copied a few to try. How are things going at the hospital?

Rebecca - it's so weird to think of Gabe walking! Him and Macie are growing so fast :-(  How are the kids doing?  We had dinner from the crockpot last night. Not sure what I'd call it, put a bunch of things in there I needed to use up. 3/4 of a jar of spaghetti sauce, some chickpeas, leftover cooked chicken, leftover cooked italian sausage, some canned tomatoes, sliced zucchini, onion, carrots.... served it over noodles. I wouldn't call it "spaghetti" because it's not like any spaghetti I've ever seen LOL!!!!

Kris - glad you got home safe. This winter has been something else, hasn't it?

Debi - how is everyone at the NH? Bet they loved the brownies Big Smile  How is the fence coming along?

Hi everyone!! I opened another window but I feel like I'm missing someone...

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts & prayers. It means a lot to me and DH. The last 2 days have been filled with phone calls, logistics, packing, getting things done at work.  DH is doing a little better, it helped a lot to talk to his mom as much as he has. He worries about her, my MIL was very close to Grandma Jo (her mom). I think michael will be 100% better when he *sees* his mom & can spend some time with her.

We are - however - dealing with some other family dynamics. A lot of tension and disgusting behavior.  I'm trying to take the bulk of it, deflect if off michael so he doesn't have to worry about that too.  Why does death bring out the worst in some people? It's sad, and so unfathomable to me...

We're leaving early tomorrow morning. So if I can't get back on here today, I'm not sure if I will be able to over the weekend. DH is bringing his laptop so maybe. Ya'll have a good day, a wonderful week, and God Bless (((((hugs)))))))  Thank you so much for being my friends.

love, dawn

False

"Wow, I really regret that workout"  said Nobody Ever

"...know that I will never love anyone like I love you & I am forever altered by who you are and what you mean to me..."

check out this yummy looking freezer meal...baked chicken kiev based on Alton Brown's recipe, but baked instead of fried. I love chicken kiev but never make it because it is totally unhealthy. This one at least loses some of the fat.

http://joelens.blogspot.com/2010/01/baked-chicken-kiev.html

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

Another freezer to crockpot meal recipe

Teriyaki Chicken (2 Bags)

• Split a large bag of Baby Carrots between the 2 bags
    • Cut Red Onion into Large Chunks and split between the 2 bags
    • (1) 20oz can pineapple in each bag (undrained)
    • (2) Garlic Cloves chopped per bag
    • (2) Chicken Breasts in each bag
    • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce in each bag

*Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce to mixture. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Serve over Rice.

Here is the website this is from:

http://melissafallistestkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/freezer-cooking-slow-cooker-meals.html

Here is a savory beef vegetable soup for freezer to crockpot from same website above:

Savory Vegetable Beef Soup (2 Bags)

• Chop (1) Onion and Chop (2) Cloves of Garlic- Brown in Pan with the Ground Beef- once cool divide mixture between bags
    • (2) whole carrots chopped per bag
    • (2) celery stalks chopped per bag
    • (3) Red Potatoes chopped per bag
    • (1) can v8 split between bags
    • (1) 28oz can diced tomatoes SPLIT between bags
    • (1) cup frozen green beans in each bag
    • (1/2)TBSP Worcestershire per bag
    • (1/2) cup Beef Broth per bag
    • (1) TBSP Parsley per bag
    • (1) tsp Basil per bag
    • 1/2 tsp Thyme per bag
    • (1/2) tsp salt per bag
    • (1/2) tsp pepper per bag
    • (1) TBSP Sugar per bag

*Place in Crockpot with 1.5 cups of water and 15 oz Beef Broth. Cook on LOW 8 Hours.

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

Morning!

Jill, whatcha gonna do with the cod tonight? Ive never had it prepared anyway other than fried... sounds tasty. id love to try it other ways.

Muril, Macie did sure grow up fast. I almost called Madison, Macie yesterday LOL

Dawn, I didnt know that about NC law, interesting. Im sure youre right about your hubby doing better once he can just BE there. Oh goodness, sorry about the mess with family, thats just so not okay *hugs* Travel safe and know youre in all of our prayers!

Sherry, those  2 recipes you posted today look delish! I wrote em down. Will be great to have that in the freezer. One of our must haves, is a full size freezer in the garage when we buy a house. So we can have lots of meats and meals like this frozen.

Hoping the day goes by quick. Im just tired with work LOL! Cant wait for some time off towards the end of this month. And then the 2 weeks off in June... itll be here sooner or later, and Im so looking forward to it.

Breakfast - Whole wheat english muffin with cream cheese and pepper jelly, coffee
    Lunch - Yogurt, Banana
    Dinner - Baked chili dogs

False

Hello everyone!

SUPRISE!! I am on here early today!! Dh had training today, so he was able to leave his laptop @ home!! :) Already been to the bank, grocery and now Riley is playing and I am enjoying some COMPUTER TIME!!! lol

Dawn ((hugs)) to your and your family!! Safe travels!!!

When my brother died in NC I guess everything went to my SIL...?? I don't think they had a will, kinda remember her saying something about a judge?? Anyway none of our family put up any fight or tried to take anything...the only thing that my mom regrets is wishing he would have been buried in Indiana instead of NC....since SIL is remarried now, my mom wishes that his grave was closer so we could take care of it better. Not that my SIL neglegts the grave, but she has a different life now...

Natasha I will probably 'bake' fry the fish with breading...or sprinkle some seasoning/herbs and a little butter and lemon and then bake....will see what I am in the mood for. I have some fresh lemons, so kind leaning towards the herbs/lemon bake...

Sherry those recipes look good! Maybe I will get some extra time on pinterest today to look up those other websites! :)

I was down ANOTHER pound this morning!!!! One more pound to go and I will reach the 10 pound mark!!! Planning on going to the Y tonight. Treadmill and ab crunches tonight. I have lost about 3 inches off my waist too...

Rebecca have fun cleaning today!! I need to clean my house tomorrow..ugh...I guess I can look at it as extra excersise?? lol

Dusta are you taking Lulu to the vet today or is she better?

Muril- Macie is such a cutie!! Love seeing her pics and videos on FB!

Kris were you able to go to school today? We ended up just getting a little rain/snow mixture...not bad out. Hope everyone in the wreck is ok!

Was scanning the news on FB and seen where someone I went to school with (his dad is a preacher) was arrested for armed robbery......its sad to see things like that, how people change...he was several years younger than I, so not a close friend. just aquaintence...

Well I think that I will hop over to pinterest....

Breakfast- 2 sausage, 2 eggs, 1 biscuit

lunch- p&j or frozen meal??

SUpper- cod fish, wild rice? or sweet potato?, spinach salad

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Dawn, yesterday at hospital was very scary. Thankfully had a really good group of nurses and wonderful doctor to work with. Basically about 5 minutes into the shift one of my patients started having a massive heart attack. Took about 2 hours of frantically running around trying to get all the stat things ordered and done, the nitros given, the labs and EKG drawn, IV started and going and by then I was way late on my meds for everybody else so I had to get the other nurses to each give one of my patients their 9 am meds so I could call report to CCU and get all the paperwork done. Most scary thing is patient was scheduled to go home today. MD said she probably would have died, so if she had to have it, she was very lucky that it happened while she was still in hospital. That is the kind of day that you know you made a difference in somebodys life literally but it messes with your head and fills you full of adrenalin and makes you all stressed out. So needless to say I won't be doing much today as I am still trying to wind down from that mess. I just went to store and got ingredients and put together two bags of that teriyaki chicken meal I just posted (though I also added 1/2 orange bell pepper, 1/2 red bell pepper, and 1/2 green bell pepper to each bag. Now am going to make up the first one I posted with the zucchini and sweet potatoes. Not sure if I am going to make green chili chicken with corn and black bean salsa for dinner with some spanish rice or if I am going to make a lemon chicken recipe with lemon orzo with grape tomatoes and asparagus. Might make up that turkey noodle soup for lunch. Otherwise, going to chill....read, crochet, play with dogs, something like that. 

False

Sherry what  day you had. Yes nurses make a difference in our lives.

Jill you are doing great, exercise does help a lot. I am taking Lulu to the vet this afternoon. What concerns me, she doesn't lick it. Dogs and cats always lick sore places.  When I was cutting the hair off she smelled but that was it.

I was getting ready to reply at 9:30 this morning and Mel called me to help him do something and I was helping him for a couple of hours. So of course I can't remember what I read, my brain is so vacation.

Natasha so happy your new niece is here and healthy, much loved.  I was watching Bones yesterday and the couple on there that had a baby, that is the cutest baby I just wanted to huge him.

Louisiana had a really weird law several years ago, but they changed it. When you died, even if your spouse was living your children got 1/2 your estate. Isn't that crazy? A will didn't do any good that was just the law.

Going to get ready to take Lulu.

Dawn have a safe trip.

hugs to all

False
    ]

Sherry hope you can unwind and relax today!

I finally had some time on pinterest to check out those other websites....a couple of them were the same website, just different pics, but I did find a couple of new ones that looks like really good recipes on them! also sorted out my recipes I have pinned....some of them were doubles...lol just looked so good I pinned it twice!! ;)

Dusta hopefully Lulu's leg doesn't hurt then if she isn't licking it....hopefully everything is ok when you take her to the vet!

lunch ended up being tuna salad.....thought it sounded good, but when I ate it, didn't taste as good as it usually does....should have boiled some eggs to put in it.

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Good evening gals :)

I just got back - - - I got out of here early today - - -
    Had to buy Lot's of dog food - - - -
    Then my friend and I went to another one of my friends Tea Rooms.
    Lunch was very yummy.Stick out tongue
    Then we went to some stores - got a great blazer on sale!
    Went to an antique Mall - - - love to roam around those places. This used to be the 'old Downtown JCPenney' building - and it has some upstairs parts to it. Fun to walk around.
    Did not get in a run today - my lower back hurts and I'm tired. LOL That's my excuse.
    Tomorrow is another day.

Muril - your anniversary dinner sounds wonderful. My dh would have gone for the Filet too.
    I'm thinking about that for V day - - - will have to ask him though. Ya never know.
    Don't know what I'll be making 'special' that day - - - but it will be something.
    Can't believe that little Macie is almost One! Time flies !

Rebecca - sorry you had the blues yesterday - but glad smushing a baby helped. haha
    My friend sat in an old rocking chair today - at the antique mall - - she said this is a "rock your baby" chair. Soooo - comfortable. I thought about you and Muril - - -rock your grandbaby sort of thing. Although I know your's is not your grandbaby - - - still 'your' baby sort of. ;)
    I LOVE rotisserie chicken - - that might be what we do on Friday night - because I'll be eating lunch out with the same girlfriend again.

Dusta - yes, the little dog and the big female dog are both attached to me. We taught our little one to bark when he wanted to go outside - or when he was saying  'please' for a treat.
    Wow - we had to stop it. Too much barking - he always wants a treat - - - and would go in and out and in and out - if we would let him. haha
    Sometime's he would ask really LOUD. Indifferent
    I would get LuLu's leg checked to, ya just never know. Let us know what it was.

Kris - so glad that you made it home safely. Too bad about that accident.

Natasha - congrats! about baby Madison. She was a little chunk wasn't she. How sweet - - - more to pinch. haha
    We are proud of you too!!! Sounds like you are doing good health wise.
    Oh my - so glad that you didn't get in an accident.
    Sorry about your brothers girlfriend. That doesn't sound very good. Hope all is well.

Jill -WhooHoo! So happy for you and the weight loss and the lost inches !!! I know you are happy! I need to get some energy in the evenings and workout at the gym. My friend wants me to come try some classes - - - I'm so tired in the evening. haha
    Maybe on one or two days a week - I can ease up on the morning workout with the dogs - and hit the gym. She is trying to get more females down there to workout - the gym we go to is a 'real gym' sort of place - - - lot's of big guys.

Dawn - Your crockpot concoction - sounds pretty good. LOL Italian.
    The fence is coming right along - I'm watching them out the window as I type. Wow - it looks like hard work for one thing ! dh is going to deserve some down time after this ! I think he's working up to a Fishing "Man Trip" haha - - - - I told him he could go when I got a fence - - - so here it is.
    (or almost is.)
    NH crew are doing great - thanks for asking.
    They were happy about the brownies yesterday. Cousin spotted them from across the room - and they were in my purse. LOL
    ((((Hugs)))) to you and dh's family. I know it's a hard time right now. Death does seem to bring out the 'bad' in some people sometimes. Hope things calm down soon for all of you.

Hi Sherry - I have never had Chicken Kiev. I will check out that website. Thanks.
    Wow - what a day you had at the hospital. You DO make a difference in people's lives !

Well - I'm gonna scoot. I'm so tired -don't know why.
    Guess I need to rest today.
    Later taters.......

False

Debi

Debi sounds like you had a fun day. It is always nice to get out with a girl friend and I love the antique malls to. In my area the old Kresses building is one, don't remember if we had a Penney's when I was young. My pug begged for food and she knew she was going to get something when you finished. As she got older she was deaf and then she would be very loud. She couldn't hear when we told her to stop.

The shaved part of Lulu's leg and got the crusty stuff off, was really red. She didn't really know what was wrong, thought maybe was a insect bite. She said to wash it 2 or 3 times a day with an antibatractical soap and watch it the rest of this week. I told them I was so relieved I already had her having skin cancer and they all laughed. I am my Mother's daughter.

Rebecca is today better? Hope so.

False
    ]

Hi Girls!

Whew, Macie Girl had fun today. :)

Jill, I am so proud of you! You seem so determined and I can tell that you are serious about everything. You go girl! I love Bonefish Grill. I love lots of stuff on their menu! :) What do you usually get there? I think you can order a half order on some of the menu items - that way you don't end up with a big plate of food or you could take half of it home for the next day's lunch,etc. :)

Sherry, so many of these recipes look wonderful. I ended up having time to exercise and freeze my groundbeef while Macie was napping today. I had bought 6 pounds of lean gr. beef(10%fat) at Sam's and needed to separate it - I made 5 (l lb. packages) for recipes and then one with 2 (6oz. ) patties- that'll do it. That way I will have it ready for tacos, chili and such.Goodness, that was scary at the hospital. You have such an important  job. (((Hugs))) So glad that the lady is doing well now. A good nurse is an angel. You are making such a difference in lives. We love you girl!

Dawn,I so agree on the will. You want to know who gets what and such- just in case. Is DH's family all doing well. Hugs and Prayers for all of you. Sorry Michael is still having a hard time. Was he really close to his G'ma? Sorry about all the yucky behavior- that does happen for some reason at times like this. So sad though. :( Like there is not enough going on just to deal with the loss. (((Hugs)))

Natasha, that is cute about you almost calling Madison - Macie- how cute. Congratulations to you Auntie Natasha! You are gonna spoil her rotten of course- that is an Auntie's job! Wink Enjoy every minute and remember- you are practicing for your own sweet bundle of joy(s) that will happen sooner than you realize. :)

Debi, a V'day meal sounds sweet and romantic. I need to do that too. I am already planning my B'day meal too- I am going to get the kiddos to cook a meal for me- the Sunday after my B'day and Crystal is going to make any dessert that I request. I am going to enjoy! :)

Dusta, that is weird about the children getting 1/2 even if the spouse is still alive. Goodness. Didn't there used to be a clause saying everyone had to get a $ so they couldn't contest the Will or was that just a bogus thing they said. I remember people talking about that detail years ago.  All this legal stuff is mumbo jumbo to me. LOL

Kris, hope you had a good day today. :)

Rebecca, how was your day- did you get a lot accomplished? I was going to work on my closet even more today- but didn't maybe tomorrow. Yesterday evening- I put some sets together. I wear a lot of tank tops- so I put many of them with matching or go-with blouses so I could save time picking out my clothes and also it gives it more flair- I should look more put together on my casual days(which is most days). That last row of clothes and such is a work in progress. LOL

Okay off to relax a bit. Have a lovely evening healthy ladies! DH and I had baked cod and sweet potatoes for supper this evening- pretty simple. :)

False

~Muril~

Dusta, I started my post before supper and finished it after supper so missed your last post. Glad Lulu doesn't have anything serious. You are your Mother's daughter. :) You silly girl you. You may be related to Mom- sounds like something she would think. We may be cousins or something! :)

False

~Muril~

Down 0.2, but a loss is a loss!

Came home with a terrible headache so heading to bed.

False

Kris

Okay Ladies, I'm flinging myself at your feet - I found out tonight that Gabriel will probably be going back to his mother - don't know when, but they have cancelled the termination hearing.  I'm having a really hard time wrapping my brain around this so can you please pray for me for some peace and pray for Gabriel's safety.  One more prayer for his foster parents because I'm not sure how they are going to handle it.  This is way too hard.

Thanks everyone.  I was having a good day today til this happened - I found out when I went to babysit him tonight, they had just gotten the call  from the caseworker telling them the new plan was reunification.  I know they are heartbroken, me too.

False

signature 

My "Babies" are growing up!!!!