Fun Survival Kits . . . Looking for Ideas | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Fun Survival Kits . . . Looking for Ideas

Last post Mar 18, 2010 9:40 PM by pumpkin_lady . 7 replies.

Forum Jump
Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
NOTE: You must join this group before you can participate in its forum.
  • Fun Survival Kits . . . Looking for Ideas
    Okay - we've all seen the fun survival kits at one time or another. I had bookmarked several pages with various 'FUN' survival kits. Unfortunately, I lost all my bookmarks when I lost my hard drive earlier this year. SO . . . I'm looking for . . . pages of various survival kits . . . if you have any bookmarked, please share!! I'm also looking for something like a 'master list' of things to put in survival kits . . . you know . . . like: gum - to remind you (help you) stick with it . . . mint - because you're worth a mint . . . Anything you can add here (pages, items, lists, etc) would be greatly appreciated!! Oh yeah . . . in particular, right now I'm working on making a Geocacher's / Geocaching Survival Kit!! Suskin
    False
    Think 'Random Acts of Kindness' in all you do!
  • Re: Fun Survival Kits . . . Looking for Ideas

Suskin,

You are so very right - there are lots of great sites out on the web that include many ideas for these kits.  I am so sorry that you lost your bookmarks!  Hopefully with a little help from your Sisters, we can find them for you again! Big Smile

These little things can be so much fun to make - and can be very effective in getting messages across to the people who receive them. 

Here are some great sites with ideas for these kits:  

http://www.sawyers-specialties.com/survival-kits/

http://kidscrafts.suite101.com/article.cfm/christian_survival_kits

ttp://www.giftsucanmake.com/category/category/survival_kits/

Hopefully these three will get you started.  I can look for others for you if you need some additional ideas - just let me know!

Good luck!  If you could, let us know what you end up doing.  I love little things like this!  Our church did one of these and targeted families in ICU waiting rooms.  We put practical things in the kits - tissues, gum and hard, wrapped candy, change for the phones in the waiting room, pens and small note pads - the kids of things that a person might need while sitting and waiting for hours on end.  They were VERY well received!

Have a good day!

False

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come...Shakespeare

The day the LORD created hope was probably the same day that HE created Spring...Bern Williams

Click for Lexington, Kentucky Forecast

I don't  have time to check these out right now but I'm going to bookmark them cause I will use them for sure.  I love making survival kits. 

Lynn

False

SusKin;

Geocaching Survival Kit

http://www.gps.eu/geocaching-survival-kit-what-you-really-need/

Commercial, but items would be good:

http://www.geobuddy.com/survive.asp

Variety of occupational survival Kits

http://www.budget101.com/survival_kits.htm

Here is one that is cute:

http://www.budget101.com/recipes/sk15a.htm

Created by Liss Burnell ~The 4 Chalupa's~

Almond Joy~to remind you of the JOY of the hunt.

Band Aid for the blisters on your feet from walking back and forth

Candle - for when your search runs a little late

Fuse-to replace yours when you blow it.

Lifesavers - just in case you fall into the water.

Map with your street circled - so you can always find home

Batteries - so you can keep going, and going, and going

Snickers Bar - to remind you to keep your sense of humor.

Sun Screen - for shielding the sun from the face

Bug Spray- so the only thing that bugs you is losing satellite reception

Or the other choice is to wear a pumpkin Costume where ever you go.

False

sorry suskin, didn't see the note about the kits for geocaching.

False
    Amy

wow,  what  a  awesome idea , i never  heard of  this  before,  now  that i  have  seen  this i can think of alot of people i can  make  them for  

thanks  so  much

False
    arizonacook

sorry suskin, didn't see the note about the kits for geocaching.

Oh no Amy !! . . . Don't be sorry!! I'm looking for lists of the FUN survival kits that you can put together . . . maybe even a master list of ingredients!! So anything and everything is appreciated at this time. I just so happen to be putting together a Geocaching Survival Kit for our Pastor (we just introduced him to the hobby/sport of Geocaching, and he absolutely loves it. He's a funny guy, so I'm sure he'll get a kick out of a fun (funny?) Geocaching Survival Kit. I have a friend going through a divorce, and while she's not anywhere near ready for one . . . I think at some point down the road, the Divorce Survival Kit will make her laugh!! I also have a friend who is down and out - under the weather . . . so I'm thinking of making her one . . . again - just to make her smile and know she's loved and thought about!! AND . . . I've seen some for Graduation (or Freshman College) . . . I thought would make great graduation gifts. We'll have to go to so many parties this year, and I can't afford to get an actual gift for everybody . . . but thought fun survival kits would be good!!! SO . . . EVERYBODY . . . keep funneling your fun survival kit bookmarks, websites, ingredients, ideas . . . whatever . . . right to this thread!!! THANKS Suskin
    False
    Think 'Random Acts of Kindness' in all you do!