June / July Issue | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

June / July Issue

Last post Oct 08, 2013 2:39 AM by davidjackson . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • June / July Issue

OH, MY GOODNESS.....   Look on pages 62 and 63 of the June/July issue of Simple & Delicious  -  that's ME. 

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

• Re: June / July Issue

Both recipes look  good! The next time I cook a turkey breast I will have to try one or both of them. I like your jarred alfredo sauce, her fresh mushrooms, would probably leave out the peas but like your addition of the french fried onion rings, so I might have to try the turkey tetrazzini 3 ways, yours, your mother-in-laws and my mixture of the two. This is the kind of recipes I like to see in the remain magazines, recipes that use stuff in my frig and pantry. Good ole country cooking!

False

Field editor since 1995.

Hi, Gunslinger (cute name, by the way) - Yes, I totally agree.  One of the best things I love about our magazines is that they are 99.9% reader driven...  It is all about us, how we cook, how we manage our lives and how we nurture our families. 

And, yes, the recipe is one that can be mixed and matched, making it your own.  The alfredo sauce, for instance.  Some of the jarred ones tend to be sweet and others have more cheese or more garlic...  so use your favorite.  Add or subtract any of the other ingredients, but the main thing is to keep it creamy...  the pasta tends to absorb a lot of the moisture from the meat, so you really need to be sure to have enough cream or sauce to keep it in the velvet-smooth consistency.

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

I really enjoyed your story (and the recipes-YUM!). "Aunt Mom" sounds like an amazing and stong woman. The photo is priceless!

Marie Parker

True

Thanks, Marie....  yes, Aunt Mom married her first ever boyfriend and stayed with him, Unky, her entire life.  He was a cavalry officer who was paid more for his horse than for having a wife, but he said, "She's worth it." We knew he meant Aunt Mom, but he claimed he meant his horse.   She was alone for many years here and there when he served active duty in three wars and never once complained.  My husband was a West Point graduate, so I became an "Army Wife," and it was Aunt Mom who taught me the rigors of that "job." As you can see, we wore white gloves ("an Army wife," she'd tell me, "always wears white gloves to official functions).  She was the epitome of perfection, with a wonderful twinkle in her eye, and an outrageous sense of humor. 

False

That's fantastic, I was wondering about the white gloves! Thanks for sharing your story.

Marie

True

I’m happy that you shared this  info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing. 

False