Mistake in Triple Chip Cookie recipe from April/May issue? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Mistake in Triple Chip Cookie recipe from April/May issue?

Last post Jul 22, 2012 2:59 PM by sstetzel . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Mistake in Triple Chip Cookie recipe from April/May issue?

I just made the Triple Chip Cookies from the April/May issue.  They did NOT turn out well at all!  They didn't spread at all during baking and stayed as the lump I had placed on the cookie sheet.  There were too many "mix-ins" and I didn't have enough dough to go with them and the finished cookies tasted a lot like cooked flour.  Is there possibly a mistake in the recipe and there should be 2 tubes of refrigerated cookie dough instead of only 1?  The recipe says it yields 3 1/2 dozen and I didn't get any near that amount.  I followed the recipe to the T, so I don't think it was wrong on my end......

False
  • Re: Mistake in Triple Chip Cookie recipe from April/May issue?

my chip resulted horrible.but it taste delicous I  was very disappointed to the result. It became a mess.

False

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

- Norman Vincent Peale

I have asked a member of the staff to take a look at your question...  an answer will be forthcoming.

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

Beema thanks - I forwarded this to the test kitchen super early this morning, they'll review it.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Due to comments we have taken this recipe back into the Test Kitchen and baked them without adding the flour. This provided a nice cookie that we were pleased with and hope that you will be as well. We apologize for any inconvenience with this recipe and it will be updated on the website soon. In the meantime, the only adjustment necessary is to not add the flour and the yield will be about 2-1/2 dozen cookies. Happy baking!

True

After a retest the staff decided that the 1/2 cup flour wasn't necessary.  They'll be updating the recipe on the site. 

Thanks for the comments - they make a difference!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

Hi, Was wondering if I could bother you regarding your April/May 2012 issue. I get the annual recipe books due to lack of space to be able to store all the magazines but saw this issue in a doctor's office. Could you possibly tell me what the shrimp recipe is in the book. I just glanced at it and I think it was something like Southern Shrimp Biscuits or southwestern shrimp biscuits or something like that. It sounded good and I cannot find it on the website probably because I didn't really get the name, I know how silly that sounds, lol lol lol

I would really appreciate it if you could possibly look at your issue. Thanks so much for any help you can give me and have a great day. Take care, Debbie

False

Debbie I've looked in both S & D and Taste of Home - I'm not finding a Shrimp Biscuit recipe.  I found a crab cake recipe but no shrimp.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine