Received first 'free' issue | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Received first 'free' issue

Last post Oct 16, 2013 11:04 PM by cookbookmom . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Received first 'free' issue

I sent for a free issue of S&D with the intention of subscribing.  I got it yesterday and the bill that came with the magazine was for $12.98.  Inside the magazine were a couple of forms to get a subscription for a friend for $10.00!!!!!!!!!  That got me really mad that I had to pay $3 more than if I subscribed a friend.  No one I know subscribes to this magazine, otherwise I'd give them the $10 and ask them to send for it for me.  I saw quite a few recipes that I'm going to try, but because of difference in price, I'm not sure I'll send in the check.

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

• Re: Received first 'free' issue

I saw the same thing, I was suprised to see the price difference as well!!! Lots has changed that is for sure!!!

False

Phone and ask for the $10 price for yourself.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  After all, if not, you could say it is for your DD, DS or DH -- thereby making it a gift.  But I somehow think it won't come to that.  Just have the paper in hand that offers $10 -- it may have a number on it that they will need.  I live in Canada -- I would love the $12.98 price.  LOL

Aleida

False

Aleida

That's a good idea. I just may do that!

carole

False

-Will Rogers

c3clark
    Inside the magazine were a couple of forms to get a subscription for a friend for $10.00!!!!!!!!! 

The reason they offer the cheaper price is 1) if you are a subscriber and have paid the higher price they want to give you a break if you want to pay for a subscription for a friend yourself--like say as a gift. 

False
    Blessings, Lisa

Well, I guess I don't see it that way, as giving me a break.  Maybe if I didn't get a $12.98 invoice at the same time that they're advertising a $10 subscription gift, I might not feel as irritated.  I just don't like the fact that they have 2 different subscription rates.  I'm not going to subscribe to that magazine for that reason.  However, I did get an invoice for Taste of Home about 2 weeks ago, but never received the magazine.  If they ever decide to send it to me, I'll send the check in for TOH magazine.

carole

False

-Will Rogers

I want to let everyone know how this one ended.  I stapled one of the cards advertising Simple & Delicious magazine for a $10 subscription to the invoice and wrote on the invoice 'CANCEL Why should I have to pay more than someone else?'.  So I thought that was the end of that.  The other day I got another invoice in the mail for $10 !   So I happily sent in the check for $10.  Maybe if I would have called them like was suggested they might have said OK to the lower price.  Anyway, I'm happy now.

carole

False

-Will Rogers

I too, received my "free" issue, and am not impressed with the publication at all.  So, of course threw out the papers that came along with it.  With all the magazines that Reiman's currently publish, I believe they are getting a little tatty, the cooking stuff just isn't cutting it anymore.  NO BODY COOKS!  They want to come home to something already prepared, or ready to throw in the micro, and I for one am also. 

Being senior, I want something to eat when I am hungry, don't care to "Prepare" something anymore.  Guess the fast foods and the delis have spoiled me.  I could go to the senior center, or have meals on wheels, but don't feel the need for that, YET.  I like not having to go out anywhere when I don't feel up to doing it, particularly in this cold we have had here in the state.  I just want food ready and waiting, not gonna cook all day.

Thanks for letting me vent?

False
    Have a great day, wisconsingal

wisconsingal--I totally understand how you feel.  Both my mother and mil don't do too much cooking anymore.  But I still enjoy it---most of the time.  The days I don't feel like cooking are the days we just have hot dogs, lunchmeat sandwiches or some meal that I have previously frozen.

carole

False

-Will Rogers

I DEFINITELY COOK!!  :)

Not only did I pay $12.98 for the subscription after my free issue, but when I received a bill offering another year at $10, I paid that too.  I'm excited about making simple meals that I can serve half for dinner that night and put the other half in the freezer for another meal.  In fact, that way I KNOW what's in them as opposed to serving processed foods or stopping by the drive-thru, either of which has way too much sodium and fat, not to mention more expensive over time.  If you're looking for something quick, try making breakfast burritos or beef, rice & bean burritos to freeze individually and reheat in the microwave.  In only a couple of hours on a rainy weekend, we can make 35 or 40 of them.  My family never gets tired of them because each batch is filled with something different and can hit the spot on a cold day.

False
  • i
    Called it "Simply Scammed"... please note the email on our experience just sent to Reiman Publications who handles this part of the magazine business.. we cancelled and will no longer be getting any associated publications... To Whom it May Concern: You should be aware Reiman offers a free one trial issue of Taste of Homes with the renewal of Simple and Delicious with no purchase obligation with a no reply invoice term. We started receiving more invoices for Taste of Home and then get a notice from them demanding payment or will send the matter to Credit and Collections Department. What a fraudulent scam promotion tactic. We cannot image the senior citizens and other innocent consumers being deceived and coerced to subscribe after getting a free trial offer. We will not permit ourselves to be coerced and cancelled our subscription to Simple and Delicious (it took a phone call to Reiman's to supposedly resolve this). Furthermore, will be informing everyone we know on this scam.. online and off line. You need to take care of this... shame on you all!
    False

I also filled out the form on the net to receive my "free trial issue".  I have not received the issue but did receive an invoice for $15.  I have not paid and will not after seeing all the other posts.  I emailed Taste of Home and received a reply that my missed issue would be here shortly.  Not sure how my free trial issue turned into a missed issue.  Hopefully someone will have the ability to respond with a resolution and that $10 invoice!  I do enjoy their recipes.

False

Dalong I'm sorry you're having trouble,  if you send me a PM with your account number and name, I can have our Customer Service folks look into the delay for you.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I can tell you from personal experience that if you call and ask for the $10 price that you will get it. I have done this for at least 3 years now.
    False