Quick Cooking | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Quick Cooking

Last post Oct 03, 2014 3:35 PM by sstetzel . 35 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 123
  • Quick Cooking

Are there no longer Quick Cooking magazines and annual cookbooks? Is Simple and Delicious the new Quick Cooking? I have all the Quick Cooking cookbooks from the past several years and someone mentioned in passing that they have changed. Could someone please clarify for me? Thanks!!

False
  • Re: Quick Cooking

yes, Quick Cooking is now Simple and delicious

False
    Thanks for the quick response! Big Smile
    False

Hi, I just picked up a copy of the Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine from 2006 that was laying around in my lunch room at work which I found very interesting and loved most of the recipes in it. I went on the web site to subscribe to the holiday sale but unfortunately this special is not available in Canada. Are there any subsciption offers for Canadian readers?  Sad

False

Hi, Busybody....  I don't know the answer to your question, so I will ask the editorial staff and hopefully someone will respond with a favorable answer. 

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

Hi readers! Simple & Delicious magazine replaced Quick Cooking magazine in 2006, however, we do still offer the Quick Cooking Annual. Visit shoptasteofhome.com to purchase the annual. If you are interested in seeing a complimentary copy of Simple & Delicious, send your name and mailing address to simple@tasteofhome.com. We're happy to send one to you! 

Simple & Delicious team

False

Sinmple & Delicious is NOT the same as Quick Cooking! 

False

Simple and Delicious is certainly not Quick Cooking! I started getting Quick Cooking when it began and loved it. I always found lots of recipes to try. After it changed to Simple and Delicious I have found next to nothing I have wanted to try. I am letting my subscription go because I am so disappointed with this version. All the recipes are fancy that I really don't care about or are to expensive to make, and I know my children won't eat them. I loved Quick Cooking, I wish they would bring it back.

False

Simple and Delicious is my favorite of all the remain magazines. Since they have several I would love to see them have one magazine be good old county cooking. If there were articles make them interesting to home cooking people, like canning, crock pot adapting recipes and other things that are interesting to everyday people on the go who want to put dinner on the table for their family, quickly, without alot of expense. I believe people are still wanting downhome recipes because our business recently did a cookbook full of easy inexpensive recipes and they sold out in no time!

False

Field editor since 1995.

Gunslinger (cute name, by the way), have you looked at Country Woman magazine?  Many of the recipes found in that sister magazine are the "down home" type that you seem to be looking for.  A combination of good  and healthy foods, with today's eye for inexpensive in-season products, along with the simplicity often found in yesteryears'  recipes.  It is not available in all markets, I found to my surprise, but you can request a free copy to try it, or for that matter, log onto their separte website, www.countrywoman.com and see what you think.  I also like Simple & Delicious for the same reasons.  Just to be sure that I am covering all bases, I subscribe to all four of the cooking magazines.  Embarrassed  Merry Christmas, and thanks for your comments.

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

I get Country woman and Country also. Love the stories in them . I have been a field editor for Taste of Home since it began and I have to admit i don't like the changes over the past year or so. I understand that people have different taste and that is why I think it would be to Remain's advantage to keep one of their primarily cooking magazines mostly down home everyday recipes and articles, keep Healthy Cooking like it is and then maybe use the other cookig magazine for the recipes and articles they are now mostly using. The majority of the recipes in Taste of Home in the past year I would not  personally use. I am from the south and most of my friends have dropped their Taste of Home subscriptions. I have recommended Simple and Delicious to them and some have tried it.

False

Field editor since 1995.

I have never been a big cook, but the Quick Cooking mags and annual cookbooks were such a blessing to me for the years that they ran them....and I thank everyone who was involved...wonderful job.

Anyway, I began working two jobs (both full time) and found little or no time for cooking.  However, I was in Books-A-Million about a month ago and found Tast of Home, Simple and Delicious, and also a Tast of Home Hamburger magazine.  I loved each and everyone of them and have found so many recipes in all of them.  Unfortunatly I don't have enough time to cook everything and I'm having to make a list (it is getting so long now...haha).  But I'm working on it.  I used several recipes during the Christmas season and loved them.  I spent two solid weekends in the kitchen...if you knew me, you would know how crazy that is...lol. 

Also this website is so incredible....one day I was looking around and it took me to jiffy.com and I found a recipe there that was delicious too....but I have never found a magazine or website as great as Taste of Home. 

TASTE OF HOME  PLEASE KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!

False

With letters like yours, I feel sure the Editors will do all they can to do just that.  Thanks for the endorsement. And Happy New Year !!!

False

Re: someone's post on cancelling - I have also let my subscription go. I still refer to past Quick Cooking (and it's earliest versions) for recipes. I realized that I have not once used a recipe from Simple & Delicious and there was no reason to pay for it.

If the magazine came back in its former format, with practical and useable recipes, I'd resubscribe in a flash.

False

I used to love the old Taste of Home, Quick Cooking and Light & Tasty Magazines. I have a bit of a short attention span, so the short tips, articles and NO ADS were perfect for me. I could skim through it quickly and decide later which parts to really read. I still have some and flip through them frequently. I wish I had more because my favorite part was the Freezer Meals sections, the ones where you would make a large batch of something, then divide it up and freeze. I love the Beef Sauce one so much, I altered it twice! I know that these wouldn't be "quick" because they took about an hour to make, or longer depending on the recipe, but when you used them to make the other dishes, you just grabbed it out of the freezer, heated it back up and added the little bit of spices to make it whatever you wanted! Most of those recipes were ready in about 15-20 minutes, or less!

I would have paid more for the magazines to be completely ad free like they used to be. I won't buy any of the big magazines unless there are at least 5 recipes that stand out to me. I prefer the little booklets, that only have MAYBE 4 ads total in them, usually all for Taste of Home anyway!

False

nadi