Help! Apricot Lamb chop recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help! Apricot Lamb chop recipe

Last post Oct 08, 2013 2:31 AM by davidjackson . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Help! Apricot Lamb chop recipe
    Hello Friends, I cooked a lamb chop recipe several times for my husband and we both love it. I am fairly certain it came from quick Cooking/Simple & Delicious and it had apricot jam and probably mustard in the sauce. You mixed the jam and mustard, brushed it over the chops at the end of pan frying them. It was super easy and delicious! I have scoured the website in search of the recipe with no luck. I know there are glitches sometimes when the recipe doesnt appear but was in the magazine etc. i'm hoping a reader out there knows this recipe and might send it to me! Thanking you in advance!
    False
  • Re: Help! Apricot Lamb chop recipe

Hi there,

Below is a link to a recipe that sounds similar to what you described. Hope this helps.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Apricot-Lamb-Chops

False

Becky

Taste of Home Field Editor

"It's not cooking if you're not making a mess."

Lamb chops are way out of my budget, but we do buy ground lamb.  I have a favorite lamb and rice dish that has apricot.  I scramble a pound of ground lamb with onions and garlic,drain it, and  mix it with a box (or two) of prepared rice pilaf and a half-cup of cut up dried apricots.  Garnish with parsley or mint...yummy.

False

AnnStar

ngredients

¼ cup apricot preserves or jam, large pieces finely chopped

2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves

¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard

8 lean lamb rib chops (about 1 1/4 lb)

¼ teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

Steps

1---Heat oven to 450°F. Line 15x10-inch pan with sides with foil. In small bowl, mix preserves, tarragon and mustard; set aside.

2---Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper; place in hot skillet. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until brown on both sides. Place lamb in pan; spoon apricot mixture evenly over tops.

False