Simple & Delicious Magazine | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Simple & Delicious Magazine

Last post Feb 21, 2014 7:30 AM by MarineMom_texas . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Simple & Delicious Magazine

I used to subscribe to Simple& Delicious magazine, but now, I just get the Annual Recipes yearbooks for Quick Cooking and find them  just as satisfying as Taste of Home!  I'm a newbie for the Taste of Home Volunteer FE Team and learning to get around in the online community!  Even though I don't subscribe to Simple & Delicious, the various topics presented by those who still use Simple & Delicious look really interesting!  delowenstein

False

Dawn E. Lowenstein

• Re: Simple & Delicious Magazine

Nice to meet you. I am a new field editor volunteer as well. I live in WA state in a lovely little waterside community. Everyone at Taste of Home has been fabulous about assisting me learning the online community and negotiating the site on a whole. I admit I am a cookbook junkie. I subscribe to Taste of Home and Simple and Delicious and give the gift subscriptions to my two daughters as well.  It's fun to compare notes on what we have made each week. At the end of the year when I receive the Annual recipes volume I donate my very used magazines to the local library, share with auxiliary members, etc. They are always snapped up quickly.

Elizabeth B

False

When the mailman brings me the newest  issue of Simple & Delicious I am in cookbook heaven for at least an hour, and that's just the first browsing.  I have been cooking for more than 60 years and make most of my recipes without looking at directions, but I am absolutely fascinated by the so much easier recipes there are today.  

At first, I thought Simple & Delicious was just for beginner cooks or working moms, but after just a few issues I realized that it is perfect for the down-sized household,  and the older folks like me who need to re-learn some cooking methods.  I mean, who makes "white sauce" anymore???

Actually, when you get right down to it, all of the ToH family of publications are at the top of the heap.. I love them all.

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

I love Simple and Delicious! I am all for homemade, but sometimes time and convenience have to rule. And it's amazing how many delicious things can be made quite easily. I really enjoy getting new ideas for fast but tasty cooking from this magazine. 

False

I love the recipes in Simple and Delicious. So many of my go-to recipes are from this magazine. There are occasions when time is of the essence and these recipes are lifesavers. (Plus delicious!!!)

Joan

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

Joan, you and I are of the same mind.. ditto..ditto, and ditto...  Love S&D.   PS.. did you notice there is a new request from the editors of S&D for recipes designed for two?  Right up my alley.. going to put my thinking cap on and decide which of my gazillion concoctions for two will be submitted. 

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

I'm still waiting to get my Feb/Mar!  Since I have a recipe printed in it, it's torture!!!

False

AnnStar

Love this magazine and many different types of recipes. This is a very informative magazine for anyone who loves to cook and anyone who wants to eat healthy. In Simple and Delicious magazine pictures are great and helpful.

False

Ann, you need to ask Sue to look into this.. or at least send you a copy of the magazine.  I know how you feel. 

False

Hopefully, Ann has it by now since her post was last January.
    False

Yes, Sue mailed me a copy; never did get my regular one.  Our mailman is always leaving mail that belongs to others; I make sure it is sent on, but I'm sure others don't bother.

Excellent issue with lots of yummy recipes.

False

AnnStar

In my haste, I did forget to look at the date of Ann's post.  So, I am delighted that Ann finally did get her copy.. especially since she is featured on page 13, as the featured recipe form Massachusetts.  Ann, I have yet to try your SLOW COOKED BOSTON BAKED BEANS,  but as soon as I can settle into a more normal routine, that is on the top of my list. 

False

Yes, thanks, Ann for letting us know. Glad Sue came through for you.
    False