#63 canning lids and rings | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

#63 canning lids and rings

Last post Feb 07, 2014 12:44 PM by red6 . 27 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 12
  • #63 canning lids and rings
    Can anyone help me find #63 canning lids? I'm going to use them to can syrup in my glass honey jars. Not sure if this size lid is still being made. If someone has a link to a company that sells the #63 lids please let me know, I have been searching everywhere.  Or of anyone has unused #63 lids they want to part with, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!
    False
  • Re: #63 canning lids and rings

I have some of these jars also, BUT haven't used them in years.  So I was interested and found this information (from 2007).

The lady that posted this first said they didn't have a website but 4 days later she gave the website.  Good Luck   

I bet this is the Company that I once got a case of them and used them over the next several years.

They don't have a website or phone but they have been in business for over 20 years and have always had good lids. They ship UPS and the prices include shipping. You can contact them at Gardener's Kitchen, PO Box 322, Monument Beach, MA.02553
    They sell full and half cases of lids.              Posted 05/23/07

http://homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=185794

I just got my lids and rings from Gardener's Kitchen and again- they are awesome. They are plain gold lids with a button so you can tell if the jar is sealed. The rubber is red and there is plenty of it. They guarantee their lids against defects. I have used them for over 20 years and have always been satisfied and they keep well and don't dry out.
    Here goes:
    Gardeners Kitchen, PO Box 322, Monument Beach, MA 02553
    email is
    gkitchen@comcast.net
    Here are their prices as listed on the postcard they send out.
    Cases:#63 small "flat" lids-10dozen $18.50
    #70 regular "flat" lids 60 dozen $69.50
    #86 wide mouth "flat" lids 36 dozen $67.50

1/2 cases: #70 regular " flat" lids 30 dozen $42.50
    #86widemouth " flat" lids 18 dozen $42.50
    Rings #70 rings only 4 dozen $17.50
    #86 rings only 4 dozen $17.50.
    Sale: Buy 2nd order of #86 rings ( 4 dozen) and get them at 1/2 price ( $8.75)
    Labels: 5 dozen press-on $2.95
    10 dozen press-on $5.50
    ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING VIA UPS.

I have shared cases of lids with friends who wanted smaller quantities so maybe you could do the same. Otherwise, as I said, they keep well.

Posted 05/27/07

False

Thanks for the reply! I contacted this particular company and received an email from them saying that they "dispersed" in 2008 and are no longer in business and cannot help me.  The search goes on... :)

False

Hi.  I have two new boxes of No. 63 Thrif-T-Lids that you may have.  I might have more.  They came from my mother-in-law years ago.  Let me know.  I will mail them to you.  I 'm just glad there is someone who can use them.  I don't want anything for them; just glad to help.  I know this is an older blog so maybe you don't need them.  But you may certainly have them for future use.

False

I can't help you, BUT I would like to know what #63 canning lids are????????

False

Judahl

I can't help you, BUT I would like to know what #63 canning lids are????????

Years ago there used to be 3 sizes of home canning jars and lids. There were the regular size, wide mouth size and one called # 63. These were just a bit smaller than the regular size. If I remember correctly, my mom used to reuse jars from things like instant coffee and these used the #63 size lids. Haven't seem them aroung here in years.

False

If I reemember correctly, my Mother got #63 jars with coffee in them (Maxwell House probably) when I was a kid in the 1940s. Some would have probably came from an Aunt in Middletown, Ohio. I know they traded the ration stamps as my parents lived on a farm and they in the city (like sugar and meat stamps for shoe stamps - city kids were harder on shoes because of sidewalks). I now have those jars probably 3 dozen or more.

False

Thanks for the information.  You learn something new all the time.

False

DonnaDaveDarren

Hi.  I have two new boxes of No. 63 Thrif-T-Lids that you may have.  I might have more.  They came from my mother-in-law years ago.  Let me know.  I will mail them to you.  I 'm just glad there is someone who can use them.  I don't want anything for them; just glad to help.  I know this is an older blog so maybe you don't need them.  But you may certainly have them for future use.

please check you mail, you have a PM

False

Are you still interested in the #63 canning lids?

False

Please try www.KitchenKrafts.com for your canning needs.  They have quite an assortment.

You can call:  1-800-776-0575 for info or catalog. 

KITCHEN KRAFTS has many things you cannot find anywhere else.

False
    Diana Jones

Last summer I was at Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, Ohio (Amish country). They had #63 lids which were one-piece with the rubber inside the lid, which could be reused over and over.  I have bought some of them in the past.  They were priced individually. Their catalog has many needed things (old-time) for this day and age, but I have never seen these in the catalog, so you might call them to check.  Their phone number is 1-877-438-5346.  It is a fascinating place to visit and I will probably go there sometime soon. 

Marilyn 

False

YES! I am still interested in the #63 canning lids with rings. I checked the website mentioned and they only carry the one-piece #63 lids, which as far as I know are not recommended for home canning use? I'm sorry to have missed the post by the very kind lady who offered to mail the lids to me!!! 

Unfortunately, this graphic-heavy website is not user-friendly with my dial-up internet service, it has taken me nearly an hour just to be able to reply to this post, so I don't post here often or have much time to check posts. Also, had to change my screen-name to pumpkinlady 2 simply because my email has changed since my last log-in! Sorry, I'm not very "computer-savvy" as they say. :)

Is there a way to contact members here offline?

False

I know this is an old post, but i just found a couple of boxes of lids and a couple of rings in some old canning stuff.  If you are still interested in these please let me know.  I hate to throw them away and they don't take up a lot of space, so i will hold on to them until I find someone who wants them.

False

frisby

I know this is an old post, but i just found a couple of boxes of lids and a couple of rings in some old canning stuff.  If you are still interested in these please let me know.  I hate to throw them away and they don't take up a lot of space, so i will hold on to them until I find someone who wants them.

Hi frisby, I have been reading through some of the forum posts and came across your note.  If you still have those lids, I would love to get them from you.  Please email me at singpraise52535@yahoo.com.  Thanks  :)

Trish

False