Reconsider shake and bake | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Reconsider shake and bake

Last post May 10, 2012 6:29 AM by annrms . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Reconsider shake and bake
    We all need to reconsider Shake & Bake! I don't mean the box recipe, instead consider using the wide variety of bread crumbs in each pack for some delicious new recipes. Lately, I have enjoyed the buffalo chicken variety...slather a boneless pork chop or chicken breast with horseradish mayo, take the S & B crumbs and doctor them up with dried basil, then pat the slathered meat in the crumbs. Bake them about 50 min. At 375*. Other delicious base slatherings could be dijon or barbecue sauce. The possibilities are endless. Shake and Bake just did some of the work for us.
    False
  • Re: Reconsider shake and bake

Great idea, Joyt. I had never thought of doing this. I've got several recipes perfect for this idea.

That's one of the reasons I love this site. Getting new ideas and sharing them.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Joan

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

When Shake and Bake first came on the market, my daughters were still young, and I can remember them imitating the commercial, saying (in their best southern accent), "And, I helped!)  Remember that?

Have to give it a whirl...  that crunch factor is somehow soooooo satisfying.  I wonder why that is?

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

I love Shake 'n Bake!  I make thick baked pork chops, chicken breasts and chicken "fried" steak using it.  I like to add a no salt seasoning to doctor it up.  Recently, I have been using Penzey's "Forward", and it's really tasty. 

Beema - When I use it, I always think of the ad!  Same as when I use Rice a Roni.  That old jingle insantly comes to mind!!  [I don't follow the box directions on that, though...too much cooking and tooo much salt.  I measure the rice and pasta using two boxes and just double the water.  I use only the "solids" from the flavor packets by sifting the packet contents in a small mesh strainer.  That leaves more than enough "flavor"!]

Anyway...I wonder what other products we use that makes us think of old ads?  Remember the Alka Seltzer ad....That's a "speecy" meatball!"? 

False

AnnStar