Baked Chicken Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Baked Chicken Recipe

Last post Dec 27, 2012 11:05 AM by lfaria . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Baked Chicken Recipe

I had a favorite baked chicken recipe from a Taste of Home or Quick Cooking from 2002 or so. We recently moved and I cannot find all my magazines and can't find the recipe. I've searched the website at length but still can't find it. The recipe used bone-in chicken pieces (I adapted it to boneless, skinless breasts) and bread crumbs and butter. The chicken was rolled in a bread crumb/herb mixture then in the butter, then placed on baking sheets and baked for 45-60 minutes.

Can anyone help me with this recipe? I'm hoping to fix it for an upcoming family dinner.

Thank you!

False
  • Re: Baked Chicken Recipe

I found this from that time frame:

Parmesan Herb Chicken

Parmesan Herb Chicken
    With a golden Parmesan cheese and herb coating, these tender chicken breasts make a tempting and hearty main dish. They're really very little fuss. Just coat them and bake. Their mild classic flavor suits a wide variety of tastes. —Phyllis Joann Schmalz Kansas City, Kansas
    12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.

Ingredients

• 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
    • 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
    • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
    • 2 teaspoons paprika
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon pepper
    • 12 bone-in chicken breast halves
    • 1 cup butter, melted

Directions

• In a shallow dish, combine the first six ingredients. Dip chicken in
    • butter, then coat with Parmesan mixture. Place in two greased 15-in.
    • x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45
    • minutes or until the juices run clear. Yield: 12 servings.
    Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 374 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

That looks like it! I thought I remembered 1/2 bread crumbs and 1/2 parmesan but I'm sure I was mistaken. Thank you so much!!

False

Your original description is pretty much how I do my oven fried chicken.  I first coat the chicken with a flour mixture of whatever seasonings you like, and then dip each piece in melted butter and bake at 400. 

Quick Cooking and Cooking for 2 were my absolute favorite cooking magazines.  Sad

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

You're very welcome!  When I was searching for yours I found this one - I've added it to my upcoming menu!  I'll have to double it though.

Honey-Mustard Chicken

Honey-Mustard Chicken
    "I get bored with the same old chicken, so I came up with this simple recipe," writes Laura Theofilis of Leonardtown, Maryland. The coating adds fast flavor to tender chicken cooked on the stovetop.
    4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.

Ingredients

• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
    • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
    • 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
    • 3 tablespoons honey
    • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

• Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine
    • bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon of mustard. In another shallow bowl,
    • combine honey and remaining mustard. Dip chicken in honey-mustard
    • mixture, then coat with crumbs.
    • In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in butter for
    • 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4
    • servings.
    Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine) equals 338 calories, 583 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 9 gm fat, 1 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
    False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

It looks like you've found what you're looking for with other delicious-looking recipes.  I'd like to offer another option that is tasty, but is also lower in fat:

4 boneless chicken breast halves

1 tsp canola oil

1/2 sweet onion finely chopped

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/2 tsp poultry seasoning

1 cup chicken broth

1 cup apple juice

2 tbl cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

Dry off chicken breasts and season chicken breasts with onion powder salt, pepper, poultry seasoning.  Set aside.  Heat a skillet and add the canola oil.  Once the oil is heated, add the chicken breasts and saute for 3 minutes and turn--continue to cook for 3 minutes on the other side.  Remove from the pan and place in a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.  To the skillet, add the onions and scrape to remove the brown bits on the bottom.  Add broth and juice reducing about half.  Mix the cornstarch and cold water. Mix in the skillet until thick.  Return the chicken breasts to the pan and turn so that the breasts are coated with the sauce.  Delicious served with rice.  Serves 4

False