cupcakes and cakes for a cake walk | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

cupcakes and cakes for a cake walk

Last post Apr 20, 2009 5:32 PM by Amy T. . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • cupcakes and cakes for a cake walk

My husband is a teacher and his school was sponsoring a carnival to raise money for needed supplies so his group was sponsoring a cake walk.  I made enough cupcakes and cakes for 28 walks myself and had a ball.  I found many helpful decorating ideas on the Taste of Home website including the favorite monkey cupcake and the caterpillar cake which stole the event. Thanks for the wonderful help.

False

Cathy

• Re: cupcakes and cakes for a cake walk

Cathy, how cool. I love your story of the cupcakes and cakes for the cake walk. BTW (by the way), welcome to the Taste of Home Community Boards. We're so glad you found us. The boards are full of friendly, helpful people. Be sure to check out the Recipes Forum (see list on right side). Lots of yummy recipes there.

Waving from Texas!

Joan

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

Hi Ginger. I just had to check out the cakes you mentioned. Wow. I can see how the Caterpillar one was a "show stopper". I bet everyone was hoping to win it. (grinning) Hope to see more of you and read of other recipes you have tried. Please visit the Recipe forum, it is the most active and you will find lots of yummy recipes to try.

Beverly

Monkey Cupcakes Recipe

Monkey Cupcakes

Caterpillar Cake Recipe

Caterpillar Cake

False

Hi,

It's been years since I participated in a cake walk. We used to do it at our church bazaar. Sounds like you had a great time! Until I read your post, I had forgotten about doing it as a fundraiser. The recipes you made were great, too!

Amy T.

False

Amy T. -- Food Editor, Taste of Home Simple & Delicious magazine