Taste of Home Index for past issues? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Taste of Home Index for past issues?

Last post Aug 31, 2009 12:50 PM by MarineMom_texas . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Taste of Home Index for past issues?

Hi all -

I've subscribed to TOH for many years and have always enjoyed the recipes.  My biggest challenge is "re-finding" a recipe that we've enjoyed without having to page through years of magazines.

I just registered on the site and was hoping to find an index for past issues.

I'm looking for a recipe for stewed tomatoes that included bread, sugar and oil. 

I know it was from TOH and in the section where a reader asks for the recipe from a restaurant that they've enjoyed.

I've searched the recipes, but no luck - which is why I was hoping for the index for the past issues - am I just missing it?

Thanks!

False
  • Re: Taste of Home Index for past issues?

I found this recipe and wonder if this is the one you are looking for.

Joan

Breaded Tomatoes

At the Claudia Sanders Dinner House, this old-fashioned side dish is favorite with customers.—Cherry and Tom Settle, Shelbyville, Kentucky

SERVINGS: 6

CATEGORY: Side Dish

METHOD:

TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup chopped onion
    • 2 tablespoons butter
    • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    • 3 slices bread, toasted and cut into 1/4-inch cubes

Directions:

In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in flour until blended. Add the tomatoes, sugar, oil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in toast cubes. Yield: 6 servings.

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

Joan! 

WOW - you are awesome - Yes, this is it. I saw the recipe tite, but didn't think it was the one  and didn't bother to look any further

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

We'll be having this for dinner tonight (with a little less oil and Splenda instead of sugar!)

Susan

False

Susan, I'm glad that's the one you had been looking for. I did an advanced search putting in the ingredients you mentioned and this one came up first. Sounds yummy! Enjoy!

Joan

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.