I Have 1 Pound Of Ground Beef... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I Have 1 Pound Of Ground Beef...

Last post Oct 05, 2010 11:40 PM by momtomatt . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • I Have 1 Pound Of Ground Beef...

Do you any great recipes to go with that???

Please post them...Wink

Tahnk You So Much!!!

~ Susan

False
  • Re: I Have 1 Pound Of Ground Beef...

Hi!  Sauté some onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms or what have you in a little vegetable oil until tender.Season with garlic, and Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.  Remove to bowl and keep warm.  Mix hamburg as you would meatloaf.  Pat into a 10 inch oven proof frying pan.  Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.  Carefully drain any fat.  Top the "hamburg" pizza shell with vegetables.  Top with cheese.  Place back in the oven until hot and the cheese is melted.  Cut like a pizza.  Serve with a salad.

Ann

False

AnnStar

• Re: I Have 1 Pound Of Ground Beef...

This is one of my favorite soups and you only need 1/2 lb of ground beef. Enjoy!

Cheeseburger Soup Recipe

Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
    Photo by: Taste of Home

A local restaurant serves a similar soup but wouldn't share their recipe with me. So I developed my own, modifying a recipe for potato soup. I was really pleased at how good this "all-American" soup turned out. -Joanie Shawhan, Madison, Wisconsin

8 Servings
    • Prep: 45 min. Cook: 10 min.

Ingredients

• 1/2 pound ground beef
    • 3/4 cup chopped onion
    • 3/4 cup shredded carrots
    • 3/4 cup diced celery
    • 1 teaspoon dried basil
    • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    • 4 tablespoons butter, divided
    • 3 cups chicken broth
    • 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
    • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    • 2 cups (8 ounces) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product
    • 1-1/2 cups milk
    • 3/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
    • 1/4 cup sour cream

Directions

• In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
    • Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).

False